I Had One Syringe of Perlane Injected About 5 Days Ago. Is it too Soon to Make An Appt For Another?

I had one syringe of Peralne injected about 5 days ago, is it too soon to make an appointment for another? 

When should I have a second Perlane treatment?

+1

I would recommend giving it a couple of weeks before determining whether or not you need an additional treatment. Swelling may persist for 1-2 weeks, and it will take a little bit of time to see the end result of your treatment. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Adding more Perlane

+1

Normal swelling (post Perlane injections) can last a week and typically peaks around day 3-4. I would recommend waiting until you see how the product is going to look before going in and having more product injected.

Sam Naficy, MD

Wait for Results

+1

We generally suggest to wait a week to 10 days before judging the results of a dermal filler treatment. You can add more product at that time if it is warranted.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

+1

One syringe (1cc) of Perlane doesn't add much volume but it depends on what it was supposed to do.  Shaping Cheeks takes 2 cc's typically while filling in nsaolabial folds can be accomplished with 1 cc.  Go back and ask the MD that did the Perlane Injections for his/her advice.  Worse case scenario they'll say no.

There is not a single right answer for this.

+1

You may very well be ready for another syringe.  Call your injector.  I suspect they will be happy to see you and assess you to determine if more volume is appropriate.  We often have patients do decide to afford themselves more facial volume which is very helpful.