Saline implant rupture Or implant shifted? Need help please.

have had saline implants since 1998 Under Muscle ,Never had one problem.Now I'm experiencing extreme fullness On Top Of breast (like Swollen)and feels like its under my arm due to fullness.I also have shooting pains, Burning sensations. There's no redness and hasn't deflated Just A lot of pressure, Pain.Its making My shoulder blade hurt and back of neck.What could this be?

Breast implant pain

+2
Thank you for your question.  It hard to explain why you would have new onset pain this far out after your breast augmentation. It is likely that your pain is from capsular contracture. Since you have saline implants you would definitely notice if the implant had ruptured. I would definitely recommend that you contact your plastic surgeon and schedule a consult to determine the reason for your pain.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Saline implant rupture or shift in position

+2
You appear to be describing a capsular contracture, which can encompass all the symptoms and signs you have mentioned.  However, it would be unlikely to have these problems on both breasts.  If this is a bilateral problem, there may be other problems.  In any case, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Richard Wilson, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Pain and fullness years after augmentation

+1
Thank you for sharing. This could be a number of issues that may indeed be unrelated to the implant augmentation. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who can guide you with what needs to be done and can rule out an implant issue and may referrals to other specialists if the implant is not the cause. Good luck

David C. Yao, MD, FACS
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1
A physical exam is needed to determine the problem.  This is first a medical problem, before a cosmetic issue.  See your Plastic Surgeon so he can order medical testing needed.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Saline implant rupture Or implant shifted?

+1
Without physical exam, and complete work up--including mammogram, MRI, X-rays of your neck and back--it is impossible to make the diagnosis of this pain. However, the presence of any implant which is a foreign object-can create very active scar tissue around the implant. This is first a medical issue before it is a cosmetic one.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Problem with saline implants.

+1
Thanks so much for your e-mail. It sounds like you have a capsular contracture. Without seeing you or at least a photo I can't be sure but I don't know what else could cause what you are describing other than a hematoma or seroma. Both of these last two would be very uncommon at this point in time. I would recommend that you be seen by a plastic surgeon to evaluate things. 

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon