Why do some people have no result from Radiesse?

I've used Restylane and Botox with good result. The Radiesse did absolutely nothing. For 2 weeks, my face looked a tad fuller (perhaps from swelling) but it disappeared afterwards. I was told there would be a result over time, but the only difference I've seen (3 months later) is new dark circles under my eyes (which I have never experienced previously). I'm so disappointed. I financially support a non-profit organization, and cringe when I think of how this money has been wasted.

No result from Radiesse?

+1

It seems unlikely that the Radiesse was absorbed in just two weeks.  Typically, there is swelling from the injection (for about 7-10 days), then that swelling diminishes, and then the collagen formation from the Radiesse begins, so there is a lag in the full effect of the Radiesse (which then lasts up to 6-9 months, or sometimes longer).  If you saw no result after two weeks then you most likely did not have enough injected, although it is impossible to say for sure without knowing exactly what was done.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Why was there no result from Radiesse injections?

+1

The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination. Since every face is different, the experience and technique of your physician injector is the most critical part to your achieving a beautiful, natural result. Perhaps you needed more Radiesse or perhaps it was not injected properly. I believe it is important to have a physician do the injections and not their nursing staff. Always ask to see before and after pictures of patients they have personally injected. If possible, look for someone who is on the medical education faculty for one of the facial fillers. If they have been selected to train other physicians how to treat the aging face they are likely to be good, experienced injectors.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

More Radiesse

+1

Most likely the answer is you need more Radiesse. We have skilled Registered Nurses with yrs of experience using many different filler/volumizers (Radiesse in particular) here at our office that will be more than happy to provide any future fillers/services.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Most likely more Radiesse s required

+1

It is really impossible for the Radiesse to be absorbed within two weeks. Most likely significantly more is required.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Fillers

+1

may be the Radiesse was not enough and need more to see the results. Or it was put in the wrong place??.

For facial fillers I prefer fat transfer

Samir Shureih MD.FACS

sshureih@msn.com