Why Don't People Get Hip Lifts for Sagging at Sides Instead of Full Butt Lifts?

If a person has sagging just at the side crease of the buttocks, is it possible for them to get two mini hip lifts just over those areas instead of having the scar line extend all the way to the center of the lower back? The incisions would extend from the midpoint of each buttock at the top, up and outward towards each hip, like this: \ / in order to lift the sagging at the side creases. Is this possible, and if so, does this type of procedure have a name?

Hip lift vs butt lift

+2

You are correct, it is possible to do a "Hip Lift" procedure which involves incisons just as you have described.  I have perfomed this type of procedure on patients who have excess tissue this area.  These patients have been pleased with the results. 

If the skin tone is good in the hips, one could also consider liposuction alone or in conjunction with the skin excision. 

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Variations of Butt Lift Procedure

+1

Thank you for your question. There are many variations to consider, and your board certified plastic surgeon would be best able to evaluate your unique situation and provide you with realistic recommendations, based on multiple factors including  what you are willing to accept for a scar, location, body size, the ability of the scar to heal well without irritation or risk of keloids. I hope this helps!

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Buttock lift

+1

I usually incorporate a buttock lift with a circumferential abdominoplasty. This also treats the lateral thighs.