Can People with Graves Disease Still Do Surgery?

I've been suffering with Graves disease for a year now, I want to get rhinoplasty and a lip lift done, however I am worried that the wounds will not heal for me and I will end up getting nasty scars. Usually for me whenever I get a small cut my body would take a longer time to heal and most of the time it would turn into a scar

Undergoing surgery with Graves disease

+2

Yes it is possible to have such surgery, as long as it is under control. Make sure this is discussed with your surgeon during the consultation phase so he or she can ensure the proper medical precautions are taken.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Graves disease and rhinoplasty

+2

It is certainly acceptable undergo a rhinoplasty or cleft lip repair as long as the Graves' disease under control by your endocrinologist

Rhinoplasty and Grave's

+2

Rhinoplasty can be safely performed in a person with Grave's disease as long as the disease is in remission

Sam Naficy, MD

Graves Disease and Rhinoplasty

+2

If you have isolated Graves disease and this has been controlled with meds or surgery or ablation or a combination, you may be a candidate for surgery.   This all comes down to control of the disease and the recommendations of your endocrinologist.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA