How Do People Afford to Pay?

Do the Doctors o ffer installment options, I can't afford $12,000 or even $6,000 any suggestions to pay for the treatment I badly want a tummy tuck

Paying for cosmetic surgery

+1

True-surgery can be expensive, particularly the longer operations like the tummy tuck, facelift and breast reduction.  I offer Care Credit to qualified borrowers and accept all the major credit cards.  Saving up for surgery is basically the same as saving for a mortgage downpayment. If you are motivated enough, you will make choices on a day to day basis which may enable you to save up over time. Best of luck to you!

Paying for Plastic Surgery

+1

In my practice we accept credit cards and CareCredit if you would like to pay over time.  We let the banks do their job and we stick to plastic surgery

Dan Mills, MD

How Do People Afford to Pay?

+1

Its is the best question I saw ever.Yes it's difficult for 80% of the worlds population but 20 % who can manage it comfortably makes it difficult for the rest of the world to afford it to keep the cost up this way.However the hospitals takes the most of the bite and little reaches the plastic surgeons.On the other extreme there are some who can still help some patients on charity basis.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Financing plastic surgery

+1

For MOST people, plastic surgery is a HUGE commitment, surgically if not also financially.  Added to the fact that most people do not just wake up and decide to have plastic surgery, usually there is some financial planning involved.  It may be best to start a special savings account that is specifically targeted for plastic surgery and do the surgery when you get to your goal.  Care Credit has financing as low as 0% (if you pay it off in 6 months, I think), and of course regular credit cards.  I do not, and most PS do not, do the financing themselves.  Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

How Do People Afford to Pay?

+1

We utilize financing companies to help make surgery more affordable.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Payment options

+1

Care Credit is the most common financing option in board-certified plastic surgeons' offices.  Medical Financing is another company that is available to assist patients with financing.  Most surgeons do not provide financing directly through their office.  Good luck. 

Tripti Burt, MD