People Who Take Accutane for Oil Control...is Short Course Okay?

(I weigh 60kg) 2 years ago I took Accutane for mild/moderate persistent acne. I was on 60mg for 5 months and it worked like magic. Very little side effects. 5 months later my oil has returned and mild acne is back (albeit MUCH less). Currently, I am taking accutane a 2nd time for oil control. This time I take 30mg a day and have been for 3 months. For patients like me who take tane for oil control, do I do a complete course or a short course? My face is redder than the 1st time I took tane.

Short courses of Accutane

+1

I assume you are taking Accutane under the care and supervision of a physician.....? When you take Accutane a second time, regardless of why, a shorter duration and less overall mg is usually needed. However, the dosage and timeline really needs to be factored by a physician.