Can Having a Tubal Ligation Cause Me to Gain the Fat Back in my Abdomen Even Though I Lost 8 Pounds? (photo)

Can having a tubal ligation cause me to gain the fat back in my abdomen even though i lost 8 pounds? I had a liposuction in 2008 (abdominal area). Wish great results. I was 176lbs pre lipo dropped to 155lbs after then jumped to 180lbs. During that time my abs still looked great even at 180!. I had a tubal ligation Jan 2012 (weight was at 176lbs) Now. I am 166lbs and my abs look like the fat is back?

Fat after tubal ligation

+2

From the picture, it seems that you have excess skin, not excess fat.

• If you have liposuction again, it may make things worse.
  • How can this happen? Here's how --

When a tubal ligation is done laparoscopically, gas is injected into the abdomen.This stretches the skin. With your weight changes, your skin had already probably lost its elasticity. It couldn't snap back. 

I suggest you see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to confirm my suspicion and discuss what to do. 

Hope this helps..

Fat Gain after Tubal Ligation

+1

Tubal ligation should not increase the amount of abdominal fat.  You may be a better candidate for tummy tuck than liposuction.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA