Does Smartlipo Tighten Skin?

Does smartlipo tighten skin. I am almost 56. I am about 5 lbs overweight. I have lost about 25 lbs over the last 10 years. My skin is getting lose already. Is my skin too lose at this age for smartlipo? I am considering it for upper arms, thighs (cellulite and fat reduction) and waist. I exercise just about every day. Cardio and weights. Is there a better procedure, to extremely expensive to achieve better results?

Does Smartlipo Tighten Skin?

+2

Yes, SmartLipo does tighten the skin more than traditional lipo.  However, there is a limit on how much it will tighten.  This affected by many factors - quality of skin, your genetics, your age, etc.  You would need a consult with an experience SmartLipo practitioner to determine what you can expect.

Tightening the skin with liposuction - Los Angeles

+1

Smart Lipo does tighten skin.  In my practice, we use liposuction alongside Ulthera, Thermage, Fractional CO2, and Yag tightening to tighten the skin after liposuction. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Web reference: http://karemd.com/plastic-surgery/43/liposuction.aspx

Liposuction and skin shrinkage

+1

Most types of liposuction will result in skin shrinkage. The degree of shrinkage will depend on many factors, many of which are out of your control.  Some types of liposuction may result in better shrinkage than others, and this will also depend on the experience of the PS.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Does Smartlipo Tighten Skin?

+1

Liposuction will not help with any amount of significant laxity.   Without an exam or pictures, it would be difficult to speculate as to the appropriateness of one procedure over another.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures and skin removal procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

SmartLipo and skin tightening

+1

Yes, SmartLipo is different from traditional Liposuction in that it does tighten the skin up to 54%. However you will notice a gradual tightening over a six month (or so) period of time. Keep in mind that the amount of tightening really depends on different factors such as skin quality, age, etc. 

Reno Plastic Surgeon

Skin

+1

This is a tough question. Smartlipo tightens skin to some degree but the quality of the skin plays a big part in the result. You need to see your surgeon to be examined to answer that question.

Web reference: http://www.drbray.com

Smart Lipo does tighten skin

+1

Scientific studies have proven that laser assisted liposuction (Smart Lipo) does tighten skin better than regular liposuction alone.  It cannot tighten overly loose skin, however.  You need to be evaluated by an experienced Plastic Surgeon using Smart Lipo to find out if it is right for you.

Smartlipo tightens the skin

+1

Smartlipo will remove unwanted fat cells as well as tighten the skin. Smartlipo is a safe minimally invasive procedure that will contour your body.