Redness and Discharge on TT Line Plus Bumps? (photo)

in almost the same spot on both the left and right side of my belly button (on the tummy tuck scar line) I have redness or bumps. I'm not sure if the one on my right side is just a scab that came off and on my left is bumps. one is purple (maybe an ingrown hair). I have posted pics.

Redness at Tummy Tuck Incision

+1

You appear to have a small area of inflammation of the sutures from the tummy tuck.  I would show this to my surgeon as he/she may be able to improve the situation by removing the inflamed sutures.  It would be helpful to know a little more about your situation such as how long post-operatively you are.

Abnormal TT healing

+1

Hard to exactly say what is going on without a trip to your ps.  It seems like you may have a bit of superficial tissue slough with some swelling and maybe some redness.   Some of the depressed areas may be due to sutures beneath the skin.

Visit the ps just for peace of mind.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Suture granulomas post tummy tuck

+1

your photos suggest that you have developed suture granulomas (or suture abscesses) which are low grade infections involving the sutures that are suppose to dissolve, but have not.  These sutures can be removed by your surgeon.  you should see your surgeon sooner than later to address this.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Redness and Discharge on TT Line Plus Bumps?

+1

These may represent "stitch abscesses" which are localized infections related to sutures. These should be evaluated by your surgeon and can be removed if they are indeed the cause. Send these photos to your surgeon, who can decide if you need to be seen.

All the best.