Do I have a chance? 9 days ago I had saline implants under muscle. 290 filled 330 right/350 left

I have att. the post op pic,showing assymetry. I also attached recent photos. It gets confusing because some were mirror pic, the last one is not. MY left is definetly more tender. After a recent shower I've noticed the L is now lower than R, comparing tape seams. I know I'm very early in the process, I'm just wondering if you can tell if I have a chance at "close symmetry", or if I will have issues. They seem to have different shapes as well. I realize these are opinions, but might help

9 days post breast implants with symmetry questions

+1
Thank you for the photos. You are way too early to make any statements about the final result. They usually start to descend at about three weeks. In general it may take 6 months to a year or so to have the implants finally fall into place. Best that you communicate with your board certified plastic surgeon and let him/her know what is going on. Every surgeon may have their own protocol for message, etc;.

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+1

Hello, thank you so much for your question! It is still just too early to tell, you still have swelling and the implants will settle more over time. You did start with asymmetry, and most women have asymmetries...the majority of breasts are sisters, not twins. You look like you will have beautiful results, once all the swelling goes down! Best of luck!

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation 9 days ago, do I have a chance for symmetry

+1

It's too soon after your surgery to worry about symmetry. They will continue to change in shape as they settle, as you have already started to notice. Try to be patient and give it 3-6 months and re-evaluate then. Keep in mind that you started off with asymmetry and although it can be improved, will not be perfectly symmetrical. No one is perfectly symmetrical. Continue with your follow up visits with your surgeon and re-evaluate later and go from there. ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Yes it might be possible to improve

+1

even it is so early for decition after a month it could be reliable to change only the left side for a 350 cc in order to achieve a better result the fact to fill more saline solution to fill out to 350 cc only the left side also it is reliable but a little bit more diffcult unless with an exprienced plastic surgeon

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry Before and After Breast Augmentation

+1

Two important points that you need to keep in mind. First you did not start with symmetry of your breasts. There was significant asymmetry of your breasts before surgery. Thus it is not realistic to expect using implants alone to have perfect breast symmetry afterwards. All implants do is take the breasts you have and make them bigger. As a result, your amount of breast asymmetry afterwards is likely to become greater not less than before surgery. Secondly, you need to allow a full 3 months after surgery to have the implants settle before judging the result. Ten days after surgery is way too early to remotely know what the final result will be.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

There is plenty of time

+1

for you to achieve good results. As you did not start with symmetry, you cannot expect it afterwards. Nevertheless, if you have equal upper poles, revisions can be done to make them more even. Give yourself time to heal. Make sure you are doing your exercises if your surgeon employs them and focus on have level upper poles since that is the part that the world sees.

Curtis Wong, MD

Breast asymmetry

+1

You had two very different breasts and you have to give it time to heal. But you have to be realistic in that the two breasts will never be exactly the same. In the future, if they are sagging more on one versus the other or the volume is really off, then these can be adjusted.

Breast asymmetry early after surgery

+1

Your breast asymmetry will be similar to the asymmetry that you had before surgery. I would expect that once you have completely healed (3-6 months) that your left implant will be slightly lower than the right. You still have quite a bit of healing to do though.

William T. Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Post op appearance

+1

Do not worry - your breasts are certainly swollen at this point and can be asymmetrically swollen as well. Give it a good 6-8 weeks prior to worrying about any true and significant post op asymmetry.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon