How Far Away is Too Far?

I live in rural Pennsylvania. I've found a doctor approximately 2 hours away. Is this too far? There was one 45 min. away, but didnt like his methods - same for everyone.

Choosing a Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would highly recommend choosing a plastic surgeon who not only has the right credentials and certification but also one that you are very comfortable with. It's important that you and your surgeon are on the same page with the direction of your surgery. It's normal for patients to see doctors who may be far away but it all depends on what you prefer and feel comfortable with.

How Far Away is Too Far?

+1

I think that as long as you have appropriate followup and have a plan following surgery with your surgeon, this distance should be ok. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

How far is too far for surgery

+1

I think a 2 hr drive is within probable ok distance. Your surgeon is probably close enough for you to get to if you have general problems. Always choose a surgeon wisely.

How far is too far

+1

I have many patients who drive 2 hours to see me.  It is fine to be from this far away as long as you are comfortable making this long trip for your appointments.  Best of luck.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Distance from plastic surgeon

+1

The comfort and quality of the plastic surgeon should be the main determinants of who you go with. Obviously there are practical issues also but if you can, go with the Dr who you trust. See if they have local accommodations should they need to see you the day after your surgery( we offer this in our surgical packages)

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Choosing a Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is defiantly better to choose the Plastic Surgeon that you are more comfortable with rather then who is the closest to you. Choose someone that you feel will evaluate and recommend the best plan of treatment based on your unique wants, needs, and anatomy.

Web reference: http://www.drfiorillo.com/

2 Hours Away Not Too Far For Augmentation

+1

I routinely see patients from a significant distance from Louisville for augmentations.  If you are more comfortable with a surgeon, you should select him/her.  I do suggest to my patients who live a significant distance away that they spend the night of surgery in the area.

2 hours is fine.

+1

It's not too far. Choose the surgeon you are most comfortable with, not the closest one.

Breast implant doctor choices - Los Angeles

+1

Patients come from distant locations in our office.  Distance is not as important as how you interact with a surgeon.  If you feel more comfortable with the surgeon who is farther away, then that is preferable.

Web reference: http://karemd.com/plastic-surgery/76/breast-implants.aspx

2 hours drive to the surgeon

+1

We commonly have patients come to see us from all over the state of Florida - often more than 2 hours drive.  As long as you don't skimp on making the required post-op checks, then this will probably work out fine.  Some of our patients will stay in the area overnight, come in for a re-check the next day, and then make the trip home.  You might want to consider this option.