Would Pennsylvania Medicaid Cover 42G Sized Breasts at 230 Lbs., Height 5 Ft 2 In?

Would I qualify?

Insurance coverage

+1

I am not familiar with Medicaid, but I can comment on private insurance.  Every private insurance plan has their own unique criteria on whether they will cover a breast reduction.  More and more, we are seeing plans where a breast reduction is not a covered benefit.  If it is a covered benefit, some insurance plans set a minimum required amount of tissue to be remove in order to met their threshold for coverage.  Some set the amount in relation to your BMI (height and weight).  Others require extensive medical records documenting neck pain, back pain, and history of rashes.   The other alternative is to opt for a breast reduction as a self-pay option.   Start by visiting with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Breast Reduction and Insurance Coverage?

+1

Based on your description you may eventuallybe a good candidate for breast reduction surgery; it may be in your best interest to drop weight first.
The best way to obtain insurance coverage for breast reduction surgery involves some “hoops” to jump through. The more documentation you have (for example, from your primary care doctor, physical therapist, chiropractor etc.) the better when it comes to obtaining insurance “authorization” for the procedure.
This documentation and letter/pictures from your plastic surgeon will help you obtain authorization. Make sure you're saying a well-trained/experienced board-certified plastic surgeon.

Good luck!