Inverted T Scar 4 Weeks After Breast Lift? (photo)

This is 4 weeks after surgery and still won't close. Dr said just keep clean and dry...impossible with it being summer!!! Also it looks more open now than 2 weeks ago....will this close should I be worried

Wound healing problem at T junction of incision

+1

Thank you for sharing your pictures.   This wound problem will resolve with careful wound care over 2-4 weeks.  I would minimize any tension to the area or any irritation from a braline.   I would recommend 3-6 months of scar regimen prior to considering any revision.  You will be surprised at how well the skin can repair itself with time and minimizing tension.

Dr. GIll

Wounds After Breast Surgery

+1

Thank you for your pictures.  You have some wound breakdown.  This will heal if it is kept clean.  It may take several weeks.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Inverted T Scar 4 Weeks After Breast Lift?

+1

The T junction breakdown usually heals uneventfully, but, if the area is not improving, have your surgeon examine you.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Small area open wound after a breast lift.

+1

It is common to have a break down at this area.  There may be a buried suture that is infected and preventing this from closing.  Time to be examined by your surgeon.  This will heal with conservative management.

T scar breakdown

+1

It is fairly common to have some breakdown along the "T" scar and this will often close with local wound care over several weeks time.

T-scar

+1

This is one of the most common complications following lift and reduction. It will usually resolve itself by keeping the area clean with soap and water and either using a dry dressing or a cross counter antibiotic ointment and band aid or gauze. Can take 2-6 weeks to get better.

Peter Fisher, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Scar won't close.

+1

From the look of your photo it seens like you have some FIbrin( its a protein produced by your body involved in the clotting of blood) it   Is completely  "normal" but this slows the wound healing. I recomend for this fribrin to be removed by your doctor in order to get a faster healing process . If you dont do thos it will eventually close anyway.

Gustavo Almanzar, MD