Help Which Type of Surgery for my Larger but Sagging Breasts? (photo)

Hi, I am 5'5 1/4 145lbs having a full TT and having a large softball sized lipoma from my shoulder in 2 wks time. I'd like to have my breasts fixed and at this time I'm a 34 D though I believe a lot of what I have is excess skin implants needed nor no? I've not yet asked my PS to do my breasts as per my other surgeries. However I want back my PRE baby body! I am 39 children are all 12yrs and older. I BF all 3 of them, I do have a small cyst in right breast (ultrasound /no problems w/cyst)THANKS!

Addressing Sagging Breast After Breast Feeding.

+2

Great question and a common problem.  You have a very typical appearance after breast feeding. You have a significant degree of ptosis or sagging.  The least you will need is a breast lift, which is also called a mastopexy.  You appear to have adequate breast volume for your body.  If you are interested in increasing your breast size, then an implant would be needed.  Best of luck.  

Dr. Berardi, M.D.  Scottsdale, AZ

Help Which Type of Surgery for my Larger but Sagging Breasts

+2

You need a full lifting with or without a small implant. Best to read all the posting here to see each opinion. 

Implants and Lift or Just a Lift

+2

If you are happy with the size of your breasts, a lift is sufficient.  If you want the breasts a little larger or more superior pole fullness, a small implant can be placed.  The removal of skin for the lift will reduce the size of your breasts by a negligible amount.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Looks like a lift will do

+2

If you feel you are too large, a small reduction with a lift will do, or just a lift. You do not need implants.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Breast surgery

+2

I think that you can have a breast lift and get a nice result with decent volume. If you want to be larger then you will need implants.

Help Which Type of Surgery for my Larger but Sagging Breasts?

+2

The breasts are low and the areola are large so you would definitely need a lift. If you would be happy with what looks like a C dup after the surgery then you probably do not need implants.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Implants or Not

+2

I would guess that you do require a breast lift but it is hard to determine if you have excess skin and not excess breast tissue as well.  This is best determined by physical examination.  Whether your plastic surgeon will perform all these procedures will be up to him or her. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you will do well with breast lifting (plus or minus breast augmentation) surgery.  Exactly which operation will best meet your goals, will depend mainly on what your goals are.  For example,  are you looking to mainly lift the breasts on the chest wall or do you wish to lift the breasts and increase volume/fullness as well.

I would suggest that you communicate these goals with your plastic surgeon carefully. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.

Breast lift

+2

Hi 

thanks for the post and the pics. You would do well to have a full breast lift. Your breast size looks fine for your frame. The decision to have implants is based on whether you want to have bigger, or just perkier. 

This is something that most PS do commonly. Make sure your PS is comfortable with the amount of surgery at one setting. 
This is something that takes me about 4-5 hours to do at one time which is considered safe if you are otherwise healthy. 

smoking, aspirin and motrin should be avoided before surgery. A high fiber diet is also recommended since the pain meds used typically cause very difficult constipation. 

Wish you all the best. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Full Breast Lift with or without Implants

+2

If you plan to have all surgeries together keep in mind that recovery is going to be more intense but you will avoid going under anesthesia twice. Make sure you have plenty of help when recovering in the first three weeks.

You will need a full lift (Wise Mastopexy, Anchor breast lift, Reverse T breast lift). For more fullness on the superior pole of your breasts you will need a small breast implant. But if you do not want an implant you could just go with the lift.

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon