Full TT, Mini TT or Lipo? (photo)

I'm 5'2, 135lb Mom of 6.. I've had consultations from board certified Dr.. However they all have provided different recommendations which make my decision confusing...HELP Full TT? Mini TT? OR lipo? what if any stretch marks will I loose?

I suspect a full tummy tuck will be your best option

+2

Thank you for the question and photo.  Its a little difficult to say with certainty since we don't have a full view of your abdomen but I feel strongly that a full tummy tuck will be your best option.  You will have to remove the excess skin and tighten your abdominal wall.  Doing both of these will require a full tummy tuck.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/plastic-surgery/tummy-tuck.cfm

Best option -full tummy tuck

+1

Based on the one photo provided, a full tummy tuck would give you the best result.  It appears that you have stretch marks above the umbilicus (belly button).  A full tummy tuck will tighten the muscles above and below the belly button and remove the excess skin.

Dr. Michelle Hardaway

Farmington Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck-full vs mini

+1

Based on just one photo and your description, I believe you are a great candidate for full tummy tuck. Liposuction alone will not solve your loose skin and bulging abdomen. Mini tummy tuck will leave your upper abdomen with loose skin. In addition, it appears you have an umbilical hernia. This should evaluated prior to your surgery and treated at same time of your tummy tuck. With a full tummy tuck, all of your stretch marks below your belly button will be removed. The stretch mark that are above your belly button will be moved downward so that at end of the surgery they will be below your belly button.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD FACS, Wang Plastic Surgery

Full TT, Mini TT or Liposuction?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the attached photo. The photo is helpful, but does not show the whole abdomen. Also a side view would contribute to more useful answers. 

With that limitation, I would say that a full tummy tuck is your best option, combined with a repair of the umbilical hernia that is present.  Liposuction will not address the loose skin and will not correct the laxity of the abdominal wall. A mini-TT will not address the upper abdomen which appears to have the same issues as the lower abdomen. Usually, you can expect that the skin removed will be an ellipse of skin that reaches from the pubic bone to the navel in the center, and tapers off toward the sides. This will removed the stretch marks in the lower abdomen, but not the others. They may appear less bothersome when they are stretched out as they would be after a TT. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank your for your question, best wishes.

TT or mini TT

+1

Dear all4me,

Thanks for submitting your picture.  Your picture reveals extensive abdominal skin laxity, muscles laxity, diffuse strech marks and umbilical hernia.  Mini TT  and liposuction are not an option for you due to the multiple factors mentioned above.  A full TT will tighten your stomack muscles from the chest bone to the pubic bone and probably even more. While doing that, the umbilical hernia will be corrected and give you an inni belly button. The skin will be tightened and most of the strech marks will be removed. The left over strech marks will look better due to the skin tightness. Anything less than the recommended procedure will leave you unhappy due to sub optimal result. Consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Beat of luck,

Dr Widder

Web reference: http://widderplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Six Kids, TT vs MiniTT vs Lipo

+1

Congratulations on six kids, I guess it is now time to reclaim your body.  First things first, I assume that you are done having kids.  Next, what are your goals for this surgery?  It is difficult to assess your overall picture because we are lacking the other views of your abdomen and flanks.  From what I see, a full tummy tuck would get rid of your stretch marks between your belly button and pubis.  Liposuction could be a nice adjunct should you have excess fat in the flanks.  I perform a lot of body contouring procedures for both normal weight patients as well as massive weight loss patients.  This perspective allows me to specifically tailor a plan for each individual patient.  A mini tummy tuck would not be a great option for you in that the amount of tissue resected is inadequate. Liposuction alone does not address the stretched out skin and would leave you quite unhappy with the final appearance.   Another important question is that as a mother of 6 children, what level of help do you have?  An abdominoplasty/tummy tuck is a major surgery and has a significant recovery period.  Good luck with your procedure.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck, Mini Tummy Tuck Or Liposuction - Which Should I Have?

+1

Based on your history and the photograph you provided, a full tummy tuck is unquestionably the only right procedure for correcting your rectus diastasis (separated muscles), removing all of the stretch marks between your herniated belly button and your pubic hair, and correcting the hernia within your belly button. 

Your protruding lower abdomen is caused not by fat, but by separation of your abdominal muscles allowing your bowels to protrude in the middle of your abdomen.  More than likely, the multiple pregnancies led to your umbilical hernia, and I'll bet you have some chronic low back pain which also should be corrected by the muscle repair done as part of your full tummy tuck. 

I would recommend seeing a Board Certified plastic surgeon experienced in the Mommy Makeover.  If done correctly, you should have a normal appearing belly button and an abdominoplasty scar well inside your bikini line.  All things being equal, you should have a great result.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Full Tummy Tuck...

+1

The only real choice is liposuction versus tummy tuck.  A mini-tummy tuck is a lousy procedure for most mothers and only gives you a slightly shorter scar than a regular tummy tuck (if done correctly).  Liposuction by itself will probably make the stretch marks worse and not appreciably tighten your stomach.

After six kids and all of those stretch marks by far the best choice is a full tummy tuck combined with liposuction!

After 6 babies, almost surely need full T-T as part of solution

+1

your history and the picture certainly suggest that the major part of your body contouring procedure would be a "full" abdominoplasty. the fine details and adjunct procedures might differ a bit with different surgeons.....

Web reference: http://www.drbarach.com

Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction

+1

Based on your photo and assuming you have been pregnant 6 times, you would get the best result with a full tummy tuck.  After pregnancy, the abdominal muscles separate and and the skin loses its elasticity after it expands.  Although there is a longer scar with a full tummy tuck, it is the best way to improve the shape of the abdomen both above and below the belly button.  The skin and stretch marks below the belly button are removed as part of this procedure.   Good luck and I'm glad you went to see a board certified plastic surgeon.