How Many CC's PLUS Type of Implant? (photo)

135lbs 5' 2' under breast 29.5 waist 28.5 hip 35 I had my preo appt & tried on sizers. My PS recommends lollipop BL w/BA (under muscle) 300cc/high profile. She did say she can over fill them. I heard that you tend to loose cc under the muscle?? I want the fullness, cleavage & perkiness..I'd like to be able to wear clothes minus a bra at times.. I think 300cc would be too small & 400cc was to heavy...I def want saline, not silicone.. Please provide your opionions.. thanks

Breast Surgery

+1
I would go with a full anchor lift for you as I feel women with lollipops that look like you end up being unhappy as its really ahrd to get them perky enough

Circumvertical or Full Breast Lift with Implants

+1

Either a circumvertical or full breast lift would be appropriate with implants of your choosing.  Sounds like you want something in the middle of 300 and 400. 

Breast lift and implants

+1

You definitely need a lift, as for an implant to make them larger, a good way to get an guesstimate of the volume you would like would be  to do a "baggy test."  Good luck.

The lift is most important

+1

Since your areola are large in comparison to your breast size there may be difficulty in removing all of the areola tissue needed for the lift while putting in a large implant.  The implant size will be better chosen during the surgery keeping in mind that the lift is more important than the implant size.  It is important to understand that the larger the implant that is used the harder it is to perform and get a good result from a breast lift.

Dev Wali, MD

Sometimes two stages is the best approach.

+1

Hello, and thank you for your question and photos.

This depends on what your goals are.  To have a lot of fullness to the upper portion of the breast, you will need an implant with the proper height/width.  Getting a pretty good result with the aug lift combination is certainly possible, but with such a large lift, it is very possible you may need a revision in the future.  Alternatively, if you have the lift first and the augmentation later, you allow the incisions to heal and have more control of the shape.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Implant and lift is best

+1

Your images reveal some sagging that is unlikely to be resolved with a lollipop type lift and small implant.  Your best bet for perkiness and cleavage is an incision that includes the crease under the breast (upside down T shape) and an implant of larger size than a 300cc saline.  This does have more incision (more scar), but in an entriely hidden location.  The shape and size will be much more achievable this way.  Good Luck

Neil Gottlieb, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

How Many CC's PLUS Type of Implant?

+1

Based upon the posted photos and your written desires I would offer a 2 staged operative plan. Stage I would be a FULL anchor lift with areolar reduction. Than after 3 months implant salines at 450 to 500 cc range. Just my opinion! 

Mastopexy Augmentation Is Challenging Case

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  I agree that your case is more complicated than the decision between a 300 cc and 400 cc implant.  Mastopexy augmentation in someone with your amount of ptosis or drooping is associated with a high rate of revision for postop asymmetries.  It is difficult to completely predict the behavior and interaction between the muscle, implant, breast tissue and skin envelope.  You should do well with a lollipop lift and implants in the range you are describing.  Keep in mind that the need for a small future revision is within the realm of possibilities.  Best Wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

A difficult case

+1

Now I hate to say this BUT I think you are a difficult case.  Especially for a vertical lift with implants.  You have a high tight inframammary fold and grade 4 ptosis or drooping.  And at the same time you seem to be at least a c cup bra.  I would sit down with your plastic surgeon and go over all your options which might even include separating the surgery in to 2 stages - the lift first followed by the augment unless your exam is different than what I see in the photo.  I do think that 400 would give you a very large breast with stretched out scars.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon