Breast Lift or Lift & Implants? (photo)

Please help me make a decision on what the best outcome will be... I have had several consultations but still undecided.. Silicone or Saline? CC? Lift with implants or just Lift? will the stretch marks still show with implants or lift? can my areola be reduced?

Breast Lift And/Or Augmentation

+1

Thank you for posting your photos (especially the profile one).

As a quick analysis, I believe that you would benefit the most from a lift during which the areolar size will be reduced.

As for whether you should have implants or not, it is a personal preference totally. However, it is important to note that implants alone, regardless of their size, will neither provide you with a lift nor deal with the stretch marks you exhibit.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.
I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.
The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Breast Lift with implants ?

+1

I never do a full lift with implants because each operation interfers with the healing of the other and all to often results in a poor healing disaster. You need a full Anchor Breast Lift first and that will reduce your areaolae and remove many of the stretch marks. It will restore your prepregnancy shape and not reduce the cup size. Implants if desired should not be placed for 3 months after the lift.  

Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Lift with Augmentation?

+1

Women in your situation from your photos need a lift. If you desire more upper breast volume and/or to be bigger then you will need implants. In my opinion these situations that we find ourselves in with patients can be simplified. Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Lift vs. Augmentation

+1

There is no question that you need a lift. Implants alone will only make your breasts sag more as they add weight. You will need a full mastopexy and it's your choice whether or not you'll want to add implants.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Breast lift and implants

+1

yes you need a lift. The areolas will be reduced at the same time as the lift. The implants will give you more fullness where you need it.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Breast Lift or Lift & Implants?

+1

For sure a full LIFTING is needed! But as for implants that can be decided ion an in person consultation. 

Definitely need a breastlift, implants maybe

+1

from your photo, you definitely need a breastlift as part of any solution. that will allow for reducing the areolas and remove some but clearly not all of the stretchmarks. the decision regarding need/advisability for implants  would require an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or Lift and Implant

+1

In my opinion breast lift alone will improve the outcome. The result of lift alone is more predictable than implant with lift. The risks increses when both the surgeries are carried out at the same time and chances of dissatisfaction is higher.

However you need to have a thorough discuss with your surgeon.

Sanjay Parashar, MD
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Lift alone

+1

In general for patients with the amount of volume that it looksl ike you have, I think a lift alone may be ok. If you want larger breasts, then obvioulsy an implant may help.

Breast lift with implants

+1

Though you probably fill out a bra cup, out of clothing, the majority of your breast fullness is not where you want it.  It is to the side and not centrally or in the upper portion of your breast.  A lift will allow sculpting of your breast tissue to remove some of the lateral fullness, but an implant would be needed to give you the desirable projecting shape with upper pole volume.  Your areolas could be made smaller, but your stretch marks will not all go away.  A vertical mastopexy with a small saline implant would be my recommendation.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon