Penis Seems Smaller After Inverted T Abdominoplasty- Normal?

It's maybe a very weird question, but i'm worried. I'm a 28 guy from germany and had 4 weeks ago my Inverted T abdominoplasty. now, after the surgery, me and my girlfriend has the weird idea that my penis is smaller than before the surgery, really serveral cm. Could you please tell me, is this possible because of the surgery or will it become normal after 6-8 weeks?

Your penis is not smaller because of an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).

+2

Regardless of your girlfriend's observation, your penis in no way would change in size after an abdominoplasty.  She may be looking for a reason to break up.

Tummy Tuck - Penis Seems Smaller After Inverted T Abdominoplasty- Normal?

+1

The problem is usually the other way - the penis appears larger right after surgery!

I think it's unlikely that it is or even truly appears to be smaller (of course, I can't say anything for sure without being to see before and after photos) but, assuming that no procedures were done specifically to the penis, I think it's unlikely that this will be an ongoing problem.  If anything, perhaps some swelling in the region around it is making it appear somewhat smaller but I would think that as the swelling subsides it will - if anything - appear larger than it did before.

More commonly, I hear that the penis and scrotum are significantly swollen after TTs and liposuctions - in that case I need to reassure - and sometimes reinforce to - the patients that those area will go back DOWN to their preoperative sizes..

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Penis size after abdominoplasty

+1

Hi, you should not worry. Almost certainly the size isue is related to swelling of the pubic region after the surgery and will resolve over time. Swelling can persist for several months, so be patient.

Regards,

Daniel Medalie, MD

Daniel A. Medalie, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Penis seems smaller after abdominoplasty

+1

It's really hard to give any advice without pre and postoperative photos... I would recommend talking with your plastic surgeon to get his or her input about whether it's just swelling and part of the normal healing process.   It can take many months for all the surgical changes to fully resolve as your body heals.

Michelle Spring, MD

Post tummy tuck problem

+1

I can think of no reason that would cause the problem you describe. Swelling after tummy tuck surgery may take several months to resolve and I am sure everything should return to normal

Richard Linderman, MD