Swelling in Groin After Body Jet Water Assisted Liposuction and Smart Lipo

Surgery done 2 days ago on abdomen and still a lot of drainage. Now there's dark ring of fluid buildup around the base of my penis. The doctor and hurse said it was normal part of drainage and would go away, but its ugly and freaking me out how long will it take to disappear?

This is normal

+2

It is normal to have swelling and bruising in the lower abdomen and even traveling down into the groin area after abdominal liposuction.  This is simply the effect of gravity  pulling all of the fluid down into this area.   Don't worry, you should expect that this improves slowly over the first week.  Keep in touch with your doctor and keep your scheduled follow up visits to make sure everything proceeds as planned

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling and brusing after liposuction

+1

Swelling and bruising is very common around the scrotum, penis in men and vulva in women after liposuction on the abdomen. Usually the bruising appears within the first two days and may appear purple red . YOu have trusted your surgeon to operate, trust them to give you good postoperative advice and seek their continued support. The swelling can look worse before better over the first few days to week or two.