What is Pelleve?

A friend of mine said there is a new laser called Pelleve, that is now available in the U.S. Just what does this laser do? What is the downtime for it? Is it ideal for a skin with minimal issues? I have a nice skin, (just minor jaw line problems), but I'm wondering, is Pelleve something that would help keep my nice skin smooth? I don't have wrinkles either. Thank you.

Pelleve is Non-Surgical Skin Tightening Technology for Wrinkle Reduction

+4

I'm a Cosmetic Oculofacial (Speciaizing in Eyelid and Facelift Surgery) Plastic Surgeon practicing for 15 years with offices in Manhattan's Upper Eastside. I  resisted for many years in using "non invasive" skin tightening procedures such as Thermage and Titan due to my perception that the results I saw when i looked at work done by my colleagues wer limited and unpredictable. In addition other technologies caused significant discomfort.

I recently bought and have been using Pelleve, which is not a laser, but a radiofrequency device. In my practice, I've been using it for skin wrinkles and for skin tightening with limited lifting for people who are not ready for a facelift or who have had a facelift but are not quite ready for another one. At this point I pleased to offer this in my practice and have been using it for both face and neck improvement. The patients are comfortable during the treatment and have essentially no downtime. The treatments are done 4-6 weeks apart and usually consist of 2-3 treatments.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Pelleve for Facial Rejuvenation

+3

Hi Tyluga,

Pelleve uses radiofrequency energy to evenly heat the subcutaneous tissue to stimulate collagen production. It is not a laser. There is no downtime. The treated area is a little red and slightly swollen (in a good way) for a few hours after the procedure. It then takes 4 to 8 weeks to see results as collagen is stimulated. It is recommended that patients have a series of three treatments for optimal results. A maintenance treatment every one to two years after that will help the battle against aging. It would likely help to keep your nice skin smooth. Another technology that gives similar results is Accent XL.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Not a Laser

+2

This is a Radiofrequency device that is just making it ot he marketplace.   To date I am not aware of any studies and all information is anectodal.  From what I know it is not painful and risks are very minimal but data is scarce so for now it is buyer beware.

Lexington Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pelleve is radiofrequency for facial skin tightening

+1
Pelleve is not designed to help wrinkles, but to help tighten the skin from below. So if you have no wrinkles, but want a tighter jawline  or some improvement in facial sagging including eyebrows or lower eyelids, Pelleve radiofrequency treatment may help. 
In my practice I evaluate all interested patients in a consulation to determine if they are a candidate.
Younger patients who just start to notice sagging (mid to late thirties to forties) have a better chance of seeing improvement with this non-invasive treatment than an elderly person with bad skin texture from severe sun damage.
]
The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/pelleve-treatment/index.html

Pelleve non surgical Skin tightening

+1

I hve been using my Pelleve machine for 2 years. It is actualy radiofrequency waves and not a laser. It uses gentle heat that stimulates collagen and skin tightening. I have been very pleased with the results. It tightens, smoothes and helps get rid of some wrinkling.There is no down time for the patient and it is not painful.

You might be a little pink for a few minutes after the procedure.

We do 3 treatments 1 month apart.I tell patients we can  do a maintenance treatment every 8 months to one year.

Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Facial Skin Tightening

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Ultherapy for facial skin tightening. Ultherapy deposits focused ultrasound energy below the surface of the skin to stimulate the body’s creation of new collagen. As a result, skin will actually begin to lift and tone over time. Collagen is a natural protein that gives skin its youthfulness by keeping it firmed, toned and elastic. Plus, the treatment is completely non-invasive and does not require downtime. I have seen excellent results with the treatment.

Pelleve Treatments

+1

If you're considering how to refresh your appearance without surgery, the Pelleve Wrinkle Reduction System might be right for you. Pelleve effectively treats facial wrinkles with virtually no pain, no anesthesia and no downtime. With just a single one hour treatment, you could be on your way to firmer, tighter skin - with results that can last up to six months. It is recommended that you do a series of three Pelleve treatments to achieve optimal results.

Web reference: http://www.drclevens.com/menu_of_services.htm

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.