Pelleve Frequency, How Often, How Long Does It Last?

Hi, I've heard conflicting reports on how often to get Pelleve (6 months?) and how many treatments to get to start (2-3). Also, how is this different than Thermage?

Pelleve vs. Thermage for facial and eyelid skin tightening

+1
Both Pelleve and Thermage involve delivering radiofrequency energy to the dermis and the heat that is created is then responsible for stimulation of your facial tissue to produce more collagen which helps tighten the skin. Both procedures initiate the process but the body's response can take six months to produce the maximum collagen production and tightening. The results may last for a couple of years but this varies in different people. It's not that the results suddenly disappear! New collagen is new collagen but our aging experience continues with time and the new results compete with the continued descent of our face with time.
Thermage is usually done once and can be repeated at six months. It does create some discomfort during the treatment but Pelleve is much more comfortable. Pelleve is done in my practice usually three weeks apart for a series of four to five treatments and sometimes more. Further sessions can be given after six months.
I have seen many patients whose results with Pelleve were better than our Thermage results. However, we will soon be using the new Thermage facial tip and see if this can deliver comparable results to the Pelleve. I am aware that some doctors have not seen the good results with Pelleve that I have, and there are doctors that are more happy with Thermage than my experience.

Pelleve every 4 weeks for 3 treatments and painless

+1
Pelleve works well for skin tightening. This is a non-invasive Radiofrequency wave machine that gently causes the skin to tighten and diminishes wrinkles. It is similar to Titan,Thermage and Ultherapy. The advantage is that it is not painful whereas the other procedures can be a bit painful. Pelleve is usually 3 treatments 1 month apart. Full face and neck takes me about 20 minutes to do for my patients.You can do more than 3 treatments and my patients tend to freshen it with 1 treatment every 6 to 12 months.The tretments can hold for years depending on how you maintain your skin care afterwards.

Esta Kronberg, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Pelleve every 4 wks for 3 treatments

+1

For optimal results, Pelleve recommends one treatment every four weeks for three treatments.  Results can vary from patient to patient and some patients may desire more than three treatments, which is perfectly safe.  Pelleve and Thermage are similar in that they both utilize radiofrquency technology for skin tightening.  However, they use different delivery systems. While Thermage is a one-time treatment that can be somewhat more painful (depending on which generation is being utilized), Pelleve requires multiple treatments.  Results for both treatments can last for years or months, also depending on the person and how the skin is maintained.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon