Piercing Hole Remains After Removing 1 Year Ago?

i got my top lip peirced abou a year ago, i decided to take it out and it has left a hole there. is there anyway that it can be surgically repaired in australia? and around about how much?

Fixing a piercing scar on the belly button that does not close and has left a bad scar on the navel

+1

Most piercing holes are epithelialized and can be removed with a small surgical procedure that I perform under local anesthesia.  The procedure is relatively quick and easy.

Piercing hole upper lip

+1

Thank you for the question. In general, the hole can be excised and closed. This however, will convert a piercing hole to a scar. The procedure can be done in the office under local anesthesia. Best wishes.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

+1

Holes left after lip piercing can be repaired. This typically involves removing the tract of skin that has healed into the piercing and carefully closing that small wound. The cost would likely range from $500-1000 in the US. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon