How Many Peels Needed for Clearer Complexion for African Americans?

I'm an African American woman with brown spots, due to acne and hormonal changes from hysterectomy, and facial hair. How many peeling treatments will I need to achieve a clearer complexion? Please help. Thanks.

Chemical peels for brown spot in African Americans

+1

How many peels you'd need depends on which you peel you use, the problem you are treating, how deep the pigment is and what else you are using.

Chemical peels in darker skin

+1

A series of 5-6 glycolic acid chemical peels spaced 3-4 weeks apart is a good starting point. Your dermatologist may complement this with a good topical cream regimen for bleaching the brown spots and/or laser treatments. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon