Peeling Nose Skin. Could Picking At it Damage Rhinoplasty Results?

hello so earlier i had a piece of dry skin like sticking out outside of my nostril and i picked it a bit.... could picking at dry skin do anything to the nose post op rhino 6 months? thank you

Picking At Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello. If the peeling is deep within the skin, picking at it could cause damage. Otherwise, there is little chance of causing significant damage. If you feel that you may have inflicted damage, consult your doctor for proper treatment.

Jaime Perez, MD
Rhinoplasty Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Rhinoplasty after 6 months.

+1

At this stage of your recovery you should have no issues with daily activities or actions... even picking your nose ;-)

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

Peeling Nose Skin

+1

After six months, just be careful not to create injury to the insides of your nose from repetitive digital trauma.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

You Can't Hurt Your Nose 6 Months After a Rhinoplasty By Picking at Peeling Skin

+1

Not to worry. There is very little you could do to your nose 6 months after a rhinoplasty to hurt it. I hope you are enjoying the results of your surgery. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon