What Kind of Chemical Peel Should I Get for Dark, Dull Skin?

what peel i should do? where i can get a good chemical peel in bahrain to do at home?  i am 33 with medium complection. now i am in Bahrain and had very bad sun burn. my complection has gone dark,dull and dry. my skin is brown, semi oily on nose,forhead,around lips.

At home not a good idea

+2

Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a horrible complication that is possible from a peel in darker skin, so I would recommend you see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon who treats darker skin regularly and who can give you a pre-peel program, pick the right peel for your skin's needs, and outline the post-peel plan to enhance results and reduce potential complications.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Chemical Peel for Oily Skin

+1

Avoid any chemical peels immediately after a sun burn.

Chemical peels vary greatly by chemical agent and depth of peel primarily. Most dermatologist and plastic surgeons perform superficial and medium depth chemical peels. The deeper the peel, the better the results, but the longer the recovery. Chemical peel recovery ranges from approximately a couple days to over one week. Commonly used chemical agents for skin peel are glycolic acid and TCA.

Generally, before jumping into a chemical peel, your cosmetic specialist will start a skin care program to prepare your skin for a chemical peel and reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Dark spots, sun spots, and hyperpigmentation may be treated without a traditional chemical peel. Speak with a plastic surgeon or dermatologist to help determine appropriate options for you.

Houtan Chaboki, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon