Pectus Excavatum/Implant Specialist? Suggestions to Gain More Space Between Breasts and Create Graduated Cleavage? (photo)

I don't like that because of the natural curve of my chest,there is a lack of space between my breasts. This has always been the case, even when I was a natural A/B cup. It is a bit more evident with the C cup I have now. The cleavage is harsh looking rather than soft and natural. The jut out and hang together rather than graduate and site on their proper sides of my body. Is this too complicated to be worth pursuing?

Pectus and implants

+2

Thank you for your question and photos.  

Breast implants simply "augment" or enlarge the breasts so if something is present prior to surgery, it is often more noticeable after breast augmentation surgery.  Because of the anatomy/contour of your chest wall, the breast implants are pushed closer together.  The underlying issue is really not the implants, but the chest wall.  Trying additional maneuvers with the implants MAY improve things slightly, but with the result you have, the difference may not be as great as you desire.  Another option is fixing the pectus, but this is likely not something that one would undertake at this point.  I think you hit it on the head when you said it may be "too complicated to be worth pursuing".  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision or not?

+1

A pectus deformity will always make the implants tumble toward the midline so if you want more separation than you have, this is very difficult to achieve.  Easy to do with fingers, hard to do with surgery.  Maybe leave them alone?

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Pectus Excavatum/Implant Specialist? Suggestions to Gain More Space Between Breasts and Create Graduated Cleavage?

+1

The best advise is leave well enough alone! The risk/benefit ratio to do ANY surgery for your issues is so heavily tilted toward risks that most of us expert posters would refuse to operate in this setting. Your result is very good.  

Cleavage Concerns Do Not Justify Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

You have answered your own question in your inquiry. You have a great breast augmentation result and trying to improve it for your concerns is asking for a complication. In short, the risks are not worth the effort to try and improve your cleavage concerns.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Pectus Excavatum and Breast Implant Revision

+1

Having performed many of these breast augmentation procedures on women with pectus excavatum, I can tell that your surgeon did a great job.  I would not offer you a revision, as the result will likely be inferior to what you have now.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Improving Breast Augmentation Results; Pectus Excavatum?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think, in order to address your specific concerns about the appearance of the breasts specifically in the cleavage area, it would be necessary to use internal sutures (capsulorraphy) to prevent the implants from moving too close to one another. Also, the use of a less projecting (and possibly smaller) breast implant my help to create a more “gradual, less harsh” appearance of the cleavage area.

Obviously, you are concerned about this issue; otherwise you would not be submitting this post. I would suggest that you seek consultation with plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work.

The Enemy of Good is Better

+1

The short answer is yes.  If your implants match the your natureal breast anatomy there is little that would suggest that you can do.  There will be someone who will offer to "make it better" but your result is good.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Breast implants

+1

I think you have a good result and would not do anything else. If you were to separate the implants more, then this would make the nipples point inward, and give a very bad result.The only way to change your appearance would be to change the shape of your rib cage.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Pectus issue and implant position

+1

I think that your breasts look very good and I would not do anything else to improve them.  Most women want the cleavage close together.  There is no symmastia, this is just a natural variant because of your underlying skeleton.

Pectus Excavatum

+1

This is most difficult to advise upon without some photos. 

If indeed this is a pectus issue, there are a number of approaches including, among others, implants and fat grafting. Please consider adding some photos to your posting. More useful advice is likely to follow.

All the best.