I Have Pectus Carinatum More Prominent on the Right Than the Left, Suggestions for the Best Type of Implant?

+1

Generally speaking, patients with pectus carinatum, present with a relatively prominent sternum and a somewhat laterally inclined chest wall. A well executed breast augmentation procedure may help to camouflage the patient's concerns surrounding  pectus excavatum or pectus carinatum for patients.  In your case, care must be taken during the dissection of the breast implant pockets to avoid movement of the breast implants to the sides. Select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients with chest wall concerns, helpful to you. Best wishes.

Pectus carinatum and implants

+1

Breast implants will improve the appearance of the breasts but will not have impact on the pectus carinatum. If the PC bothers you, you may need to see a thoracic surgeon.

Breasts implants may hide the defect acording to seize,type and cohesivity/ de acuerdo al tipo de implante se puede ocultar

+1

pectus  prominent on your right breast may be camoufflaged with an spetial anatomical type prosthesis perhaps  smaller than left side

el torax proiminente se puede ocultar quiza con implantes anatomicos  quiza el derecho mas pequeño que el izq. y con mayor cohesividad

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Pectus Carrinatum and Breast Implants

+1

Breast augmentation can do much to camouflage rib cage irregularities and soften the look.  With pectus carrinatum the sternum protrudes beyond the rib cage.  That can make it difficult for the implants to be as close together as you might like them becase the implants have a barrier that blocks the optimum positioning. Larger size implants may be needed to get projection that goes past the sternum.  It is important to realize that this surgery can make a wonderful difference in appearance but is unlikely to be completely symmetric.  Make sure you choose an experienced board certified plastic surgeon that does breast reconstruction as well as cosmetic surgery.  You may benefit from some fat transfer to the chest wall as well as breast augmentation.

Mary Lee Peters, MD