1 month post op Rhinoplasty, I have, hard bumps, dent, and swelling on bridge to tip. Is this normal? (photos)

I recently had a nose job ..i had a large hump on my bridge.. well a month after getting rhinoplasty the bridge seems to have a dent then seems to be swollen on the bottom half of my nose.. i understand swelling lasts for months but i also have 1 small very hard bump on top of my nose and 1 on right side of nose... im trying to be very patient .. just want to see if all this is normal..

Too soon to make a final judgment

Thank you for your question!

It is understandable that you are concerned especially with the "bumps and dents". Changes after rhinoplasties vary with every patient and what you are experiencing is normal especially that swelling takes time to subside as it masks the results of your surgery.

Unfortunately, with the pictures posted, the lack of surgical details and the inability to perform a physical exam it is not possible to provide you with a definitive medical answer.

It is important to keep in mind that it is early to pass a judgment. Usually, a year is required before formulating how your nose will be. Even then, your nose will keep shaping itself and to complement your face for better results in the years to come.

My best recommendations at the moment is to be patient, allow nature to take its course and edema subsides for better results. There is no doubt that once the swelling resolves, more definition and shape will be achieved and you should be happier with the results.

Also, it is important that you keep communicating with your surgeon and work as a team together to achieve the best results possible.

Congratulations on your surgery and please remain positive!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Speak with Your Surgeon

The answer to your question depends on how your nose looked in the past two weeks.  Is the swelling going down, increasing or staying the same?  You are relatively early in your recovery and some swelling is expected.  However, if the swelling is increasing, it would be best to see your surgeon and get his opinion after he examines you in person.  Good luck.
Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon