Pec Implants

this may sound silly. but i am a young slim male who is interested in pec implants. however i dont actually want my pec region bigger as i dont want to look stocky or muscly. i simply want the lines and contours associated with pecs. almost like having abs and seeing all the v lines etc etc. is that possible to get those " lines" on the pec area without making it too "big". as i like being little. thanks

Swimmer's type of Pectoral Implant

+4

Pectoral implants come in various shapes of soft-solid (ie non-gel) silicone implants and each model comes in various sizes. They are also 'carvable' if needed.  I choose the implants based on the patient's anatomy and his desired 'look': subtle look, swimmer's look, bulky body-builder look, etc.  So yes, it is possible to choose a smaller thinner implant for you in order to increase slightly your chest definition.  Incisions are in the underarm hair-bearing area, the implants are placed under the original pectoral muscles and the procedure is performed in a fully-accredited surgi-center, with board-certified anesthesiologists.  Cost is 9500$ + taxes for most implants (pre-formed) and this is all inclusive.  Custom-made ones (which require molding and fabrication) are 14000$ + taxes for the 2.  Custom-made implants are rarely needed but might be a consideration for some cases of pectus excavatum and for patients with Poland's syndrome.  I have performed pectoral implantation for 6 years, approximately 1-2 per month.  Hope this helps!  Dr. Marc DuPere, Board-certified Plastic Surgeon, Toronto, Canada  416.929.9800  visageclinic.com  dupere@visageclinic.com

Pec Implants

+2

Thank you for the question.  You may be able to achieve your goals with a small pec implant. It is best to communicate your goals with your surgeon through photos to see if he/she can achieve that with surgery.

Best Wishes!

Pec Implants

+1

You could either opt for a small implant with pectoral etching or pectoral etching alone if you do not want an increase in the size of your pectorals.

Small pectoral implants may be what you want

+1

Implants come in different shapes and sizes. Your surgeon will likely have sizers in the office that will give you a decent idea of what can be achieved. I would suggest having a consultation to see what your options are. Its possible a small implant may work for what you are trying to achieve. Best of luck.

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Pec Implants

+1

Male patients who wish a fuller more sculpted look in the chest/pectoral area are good candidates for pectoral augmentation. However, implants come in different sizes, so you can select the one you like the most for your body type. In addition, patients who have had injuries or congenital deformities will also benefit.

The procedure is done utilizing incisions in the underarm area. The implant is placed beneath the chest muscle. Small plastic drains may be used and are in place for several days. A compressive wrap is used for several days after the procedure. There will be some degree of bruising and swelling. Patients can return to work in one week. More strenuous activities should be avoided for 4-6 weeks.

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS