Is Botox My Best Bet For Pebble Chin Treatment? Costs?

I'm 19 years old and have developed what I believe is called "pebble chin". When I smile my chin has little bumps and lumps on it and it makes my chin look deformed. I thought it was from falling on chin a few years back and getting stiches causing my chin to become bumpy, but it could be from the fact that I have TMJ and 'clench' my jaw often? I'm not sure. Is botox the best solution and what would the cost be approximately? Thanks! A picture wouldn't really help because the flash.

+2

pitted chin caused by overactive mentalis muscle is easily corrected by an experienced injector with dysport or botox.  Care must be taken not to use many units here however.

Good luck,

Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Botox for pebbly chin

+2

Pebbly chin is usually caused from excessive motion of the muscle underneath (the mentalis muscle). Sometimes it can also be caused by wrinkles in the skin. For the wrinkles caused by the muscle , Botox is a great treatment. The cost depends on how much is used but it is a small area and it may be included when another area is treated. If it is the only area treated, expect to pay between 150-200 dollars. For skin that is sun damaged and wrinkled, lasers can help (The CO2 is the best for this).

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Best treatment for a pebbly chin

+2

A "pebbly chin" can effectively be treated with a botulinum neuromodulators such as Botox, Dysport or Xeomin, or a volumizing filler such as Radiesse or Sculptra. The best choice will depend on your goals as well as the results of your examination by an experienced physician injector. To choose the right physician, ask about their experience and make sure they have all of the "tools" to use, such as all of the various facial fillers (Sculptra, Radiesse, Perlane, Restylane, and Juvederm) that are approved for use in the United States. The effectiveness of your treatment depends on your physician’s ability to visualize the desired changes and to select and skillfully administer the best treatments alone or in combination.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

I LOVE Botox injections to the chin for "orange peel chin"-you may, too!

+2

Some people involuntarily contract 2 small muscles in the chin (mentalis muscles) which cause the chin to dimple. Doctors refer to this as peau d'orange (French for "orange peel skin".) This can also be seen after chin implant surgery. Botox can be used to weaken the contraction of these muscles and improve the appearance of the skin overlying the chin. It takes just a few units of Botox for this, so you should not pay by the "site," but by the "unit." It should cost you less than $100.

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for a chin with pebbly surface

+2

Botox is an excellent choice for chins with a pebbly appearance.  Botox or Dysport will work to reduce the hyperactive muscle underneath.  Just a few units will placed should make a significant improvement in your appearance.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

BOTOX can be an excellent option for this.

+2

It is also possible to use filler to accomplish the same goal.  Which is a better value?  Tough call.  A small dose of BOTOX can make a big difference for the cobble stone effect in the chin.  However the service lasts about 4 months.  An HA filler like Perlane can last well over a year.  Another advantage of the filler is that many people benefit enormously from chin volume.  Talk to your cosmetic surgeon and pick the option that seems right to you. Hard to go wrong either way.

Neuromodulators (Botox,Dysport, Xeomin) for treating skin dimpling on the chin

+2

Yes neuromodulators can work well for dimpling over the chin that is formed by contraction of the mentalis muscle. The treatment is an off label treatment and should last about 4 months. Depending on the amount of units used average 5 -10 units and should cost around 100 to 150$.

See some one experienced and board certified for the treatments !

Good luck!

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Botox for pebble chin

+2
Without a photo, it's impossible to say for sure. Part of your post alludes to what could be hypertrophic scarring. Botox or the facial fillers may be appropriate and the amount necessary is quite low . See a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist to explore your options.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Botox is great treatment for "pebble chin".

+2

Hi.

This usually works very well, but has to be done carefully so it does not interfere with mouth function.  Very small amounts of Botox are in injected in selected spots.  It should cost you about $200, and lasts four or five months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Botox for Pebble Chin or Orange Peel Skin

+2

Yes, any of the botulinum products (Botox, Dysport, Xeomin) would work for that problem.  This is in fact the only treatment for this problem.  It is typically only 5 or 10 units of Botox for a satisfactory result, but that needs to be customized to each patient.  Unfortunately, it will require treatment every 2 to 4 months.

Louis W. Apostolakis, MD
Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon