How Does the Tummy Tuck Belt Differ from the Bodylift?

I saw 3 doctors, one said I needed a body-lift 28K, another said i needed tummy tuck and a bunch of other stuff for 30K, the last one said i only needed a tummy tuck belt 16K. These prices include breast augmentation. Does this even seem legit? The 3rd doctor was my favorite but i dont know if that is because by the 3rd appt i was a little more knowledgeable about what i needed and didnt want?

Belt bdominoplasy and body lift

+2

Hi Jaimilynn. Excellent question. A belt lipectomy (TT) is a circumferential abdominoplasty that results in a high waistline and back scar. Its done mainly to narrow the waistline and lift the buttocks. A Body lift More commonly now called  Lower body lift (LBL) Lifts the lateral thighs the mons and the buttocks. Tha scars are in a more anatomic position compared to the belt lipectomy and I believe is a superior operation to the belt especially in patients with significant laxity of the lateral thighs and buttocks. If you have significant skin laxity after massive weight loss or other reason thed a routine TT is probably not the procedure for you. I do not like a belt lipectomy for the reasons given. The bodylift sounds like the right choice. I believe as far as where I practice that all the quotes given are high. My area a Lower body lift and breast aug is in the range of 20K. This typically includes augmenting your buttocks. Good luck with your choice.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

+2

A bodylift is basically a tummy tuck that goes all around the body instead of just the abdomen which is a tummy tuck

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Tummy tuck ad body lift

+1

A tummy tuck involves removing loose skin from the abdomen. A body lift, sometimes called a belt lipectomy extends the tummy tuck all the way around the waist. It is usually done in patients after massive weight loss and is a longer and therefore more expensive operation. Increase the cost even further if you include breast surgery.you may be able to get by with just a tummy tuck although it sounds like the surgeons you ave seen seem to be in agreement. Sending in photos would really help.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

How Does the Tummy Tuck Belt Differ from the Bodylift? #tummy tuck# bodylift

+1

Thank you for the question.  Typically, a patient will either go through a tummy tuck procedure or a body lift.  A tummy tuck addresses the abdomen while a body lift addresses both the abdomen and the back side of the torso.  If your skin is loose on the back side and there is an adequate amount of skin to remove from the back side then the abdominoplasty incision will include removal of skin from the back as well,  thus referred to as a body lift.  If you combine a breast augmentation with this procedure, the price will increase.  As far as the expense, it depends on what part of the country you live in and who is performing the operation. 

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Body lift vs belt

+1

A body lift is the same as a belt lipectomy . If you are talking about removing the entire center core , all the way around then they are the same . A belt lipectomy (Bodylift) runs 8-10K with an aug (silicone ) roughly 5K so the 16 K sounds right .

Good Luck.

Paul Albear, MD

Tummy Tuck vs. Bodylift

+1

This is a great question.   There are a variety of options in trunk rejuvenation.   The right choice has to do with what areas are of concern to you:

1.  Full Tummy Tuck:  addresses loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity of the upper/central/lower abdomen.   I frequently perform liposuction of the flanks/hips to achieve optimal contour.

2.  Extended Tummy Tuck:  addresses loose skin, fatty tissue, and muscle laxity of the upper/central/lower abdomen along with the loose skin and fatty tissue of the flanks/hips.

3.  Body Lift:  addresses all of the above along with loose skin of the outer thighs and buttocks.      Essentially the pants are pulled up and the loose skin removed along the underwear line.

I hope this helps and you make a very good observation in that your last few consults are generally smoother and easier as the key points already make sense.     If you have any questions in the decision process, I would recommend revisiting with the doctors you clicked with prior to your final decision.   I am sure they want you to feel comfortable and fully informed prior to making a decision.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result!!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Tummy Tucks, Body Lifts, Belt Lipectomy, Circumferential Tummy Tuck, Minitummy Tucks, Abdominoplasty

+1

Tummy Tucks, Body Lifts, Belt Lipectomy, Circumferential Tummy Tuck, Minitummy Tucks, Abdominoplasty -

Body lifts and circumferential tucks are generally the same.
Many doctors will stage this, as pulling on the front creates tightness on the back and the other way around.
Prices vary, so check on the doctor's experience and credentials. It is a big operation, in one step.

+1

Tummy tuck involves incision on the front and circumferential belt lipectomy and lower body lift represent the same thing.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

There is a lot of variation in the naming of these procedures, but essentially, the differences are adequately described by the other doctors on this site. I would recommend that you make sure that you are comparing apples to apples so to speak and make sure that you are getting the same procedures. The cost range between your highest and lowest quotes seems pretty large.

Donald Griffin, MD

Different types of tummy tucks and body lifts

+1

If you have excess skin of your entire torso, including your back, then you will need a body lift or a belt lipectomy. This involves an incision that goes completely around your waist (360 degrees). It can also be called a circumferential tummy tuck. The first two prices you were quoted are excessively high. The third one seems more reasonable. Base your decision not on cost but on what makes sense to you. If you like the surgeon and his/her plan seems reasonable based on your body's needs then that is likely the best choice for you.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD