650cc Too Big? With 15 in Per Side on Chest Wall.

I'm getting my BA and TT Nov 1. I'm still trying to figure out if 650 is too big... When I tried them it didn't seem to big but I'm looking at pics of other ladies with 650 and they seem huge. I want to have my mind made up before I go to post op.. Any suggestions for having example in my bra., also I am currently a 38 D very deflated and one smaller than the other. 168 lbs 5'3

650cc Breast Imlants For Deflated Sagging Breasts Are Huge

+4

Thank you for your very important question.Always, always trust you're gut instincts before having plastic surgery. I assure you that if they looked too big when you look at before and after pictures they will be too big for you.

If your breasts are deflated, sagging, and asymmetrical, placing 650 cc implants will give you to large bags hanging on your chest and you will not be happy.

I cannot tell without seeing photographs of you or examining you what your best options are.

However I can tell you that in patients with D cup sized breasts that are deflated sagging and asymmetrical most experienced skilled breast plastic surgeons would consider a breast lift to shape the breast properly and correct the asymmetry followed by a sub-muscular breast augmentation with an implant between 250 cc and 350 cc for a reasonable looking natural result.

Sizing systems are available namely the Mentor Breast Sizing System which allow you to place various shaped and sized implants in a sports bra or camisole to see how you will look after the various sizes. This is essential for you to get a reasonable impression of what implant size you prefer.

Be certain to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and experienced and has an excellent reputation in breast augmentation and breast lift surgery.

This is too important a step for you to proceed unless you are completely comfortable with and confident in what your surgeon is planning. A bad result will bring you unhappiness and dissatisfaction and a proper procedure giving you a good result will make you extremely happy. Good Luck

You're probably right!

+1

Most devices filled with 650 cc would be way too wide for a 5'3" frame, even a deflated D cup. Putting implants, bags of rice, etc are not good ways to assess how an augmentation will look. Those situations flatten the breast whereas implants push them outward! Go back and have the surgeon draw the dimensions of those implants on your chest so you can get an idea. You may want a second opinion!

Michael S. Beckenstein, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

650 is too big

+1
At size 38 D each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 650 cc implants would take you up 3 cup sizes to a size G. I doubt that 650 cc implants would fit in you, would dislocate inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. Since your breasts are deflated it is possible you would benefit from a simultaneous lift. Most women refuse breast lift procedures because of the ugly vertical scars. However, there are new techniques that avoid the vertical scars and hide the scars around the areola and in the inframammary fold. The lift will reshape the breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

+1

Trying on sizers in the office is one of the best ways to make this determination. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of mommy makeovers each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant Sizing

+1

Thank you for your question. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

650 cc Too Big? #breastimplants

+1

I think you have to be careful and trust in your surgeon a bit. Sizing is not about the number completely. It is about what volume you have in the breast to start plus where you want to be so when you look at pictures of other women with 650cc implants you have to keep in mind that they also had different breast sizes to begin with and will end up with a completely different final size based on that fact. The most important issue first is that your surgeon selects an implant that fits the base diameter of your breast. If the implant is too wide for your chest wall then it will spill over into the armpit over time. Second, choose the implant profile that gives you the look you desire. So if your breast diameter is 12 centimeters you should try on only implants in the low profile, moderate profile and high profile that have a 12 centimeter base diameters. Just pick they one that gives you the look you like. It's that simple. Stuffing a bra with an implant, or using the rice test to estimate size is good but not exact. I use breast sizers in the operating room to see which one fits the best in the patients body and also meets the measurements required. Talk to your surgeon and try to find out more about how they decide which implant size to go with.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Implant May Be Too Big

+1

Implants are fillers. If you have sagging deflated breast now, implants will give you larger sagging breast. Discuss a breast lift with your surgeon. A breast lift will reshape the breast to give you a perky look. If you are happy with your breast volume, you may not need implants.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Implant is too big

+1

An accurate determination of your size is best done via a physical exam. Typically a 650 cc implant is too big especially if you are already a D cup.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Implant size is hard to determine

+1

The hardest decision to make with breast implant surgery is the size of the implants. It appears that you have gone about this selection process correctly. Trying on sizers, talking with your plastic surgeon and looking at pictures of other women who have undergone this procedure.

However, when you are comparing pictures, you have to look at women who are shaped just like yourself. If you are comparing yourself to a New York runway model then you will be disappointed in your final result. Don't let the number of cc's scare you, it is the final look that you and your plastic surgeon are shooting for, if it is 650 cc, so be it.

Good Luck!

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon