650 Cc Implants Too Big?

I am 5'3 currently 168 lbs will lose another 8 or so before surgery. I have about 28-30 % body fat. I am getting a tummy tuck belt and breast augmentation trying to decide how big. I tried on 650cc and seemed perfect but i think the other 450cc seemed like what I already have 38D. My boobs are very deflated after two kids in two years. I'd weight about 145 lbs after surgery. Is this too much?

Avoid large implants

+1
The best implants are small silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications. 650 cc implants could never fit in the retro-pectoral position, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. You have already had 2 pregnancies and you say your breasts are deflated, so a simultaneous lift is essential. Most women avoid lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. For that reason, a new technique was developed, which limits the scars to around the areola or in the shadow of the breast. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

My concern is that 650 cc implants would give you a heavy appearance.  I would probably recommend you go with something in the 400's.  in y opinion, thinner is better and if you are having a tummy tuck, it sounds like you want your figure slimmed down.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Large breast implants

+1

It sounds like 650 ml implants are pretty sizable and may also make you look to be a larger woman. It is possible that you might consider a breast lift with a reasonable size augmentation.  The abdominoplasty may also make your breasts appear a little bigger since you are reducing an adjacent area in the tummy. Make sure to discuss your thoughts and goals clearly with your board certified plastic surgeon.

My best to you.  Congrats on your weightloss and new body.

Elisa A. Burgess, MD

Large Breast Implants

+1

At your height and weight, with a current bra size of 38D, 650 cc is a lot of implant. You are actively loosing weight, and part of your surgical plan is a tummy tuck.  It seems as though you would like to look slimmer, correct?  One thing for certain is large implants make you look heavier, and more matronly; It would seem to fly in the face of what you're trying to achieve to place excessively large implants.  It is one thing to enhance your breasts, its another to 'bring them into proportion' with the rest of your body.  The latter is not a good idea.

Another concern I have is that you said you have 'deflated' breasts after two kids.  You have not provided photos, but you may need a breast lift as well to achieve a normal appearance with your breast implants.  Larger or high profile implants will not achieve a lift of your breasts nor make them look like larger versions of what they look like now if you need a breast lift.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

650 cc implants

+1

650 cc implants are pretty large and in many women these may be too big. However, ithey may be right for you depending upon your goals. It is best to be seen in person to determine this.

650 Cc Implants Too Big?

+1

650 cc in most women is a large implant, but whether it is appropriate would have to be judged by an exam.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

How to Choose the Correct Size Implants

+1

How to Choose the Correct Size Implants -

Choosing implant size can be difficult. You have several issues and without photos it is not clear if you need a lift as well.

650 cc may be the right volume if you are truly deflated, however your abdomen will be much flatter after that surgery, making breast projection appear larger. If 450 cc is too small, you need at least 100 cc more. Check the diameter as well.

Is 650 cc too big?

+1

The implant size for you depends on several variables.  This is the approach I use to help guide my patients with their implant size selection:  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. 
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

650 Cc Implants Too Big?

+1

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "too much" or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be helpful as a communication tool.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.