Hard Swollen Side After Smartlipo? (photo)

I had smartlipo on May 31st & my left upper has been extremely swollen & feels like a hard rock. When I went in for my 2 week post op she opened my incisions & drained me & a lot came out. She also told me my garment wasn't tight enough. I'm now a little over 4 weeks & the spot is still pretty big but considerably smaller since she drained me. I'm literally in tears over this hoping this isn't permanent. The lower right under the belly button is the same. Please help! Anything that will help! TY

Healing during Smartlipo

+2

You will be swollen for weeks after Smartlipo, this is normal. Wear the compression garment and don’t push yourself and you should heal correctly.

Hard Swollen Side After Smartlipo?

+1

After having done over 5,000 Smart Lipo + lips since 2006, it is very rare to see "large" fluid accumulations that need aspiration more than one time. In fact in my practice I can ONLY think of 2 times of serums. Thus you need almost every other day visits with external massages or external ultrasound therapy. 

Hard Swollen Side After Smartlipo?

+1

You may have residual fluid or a chronic fluid collection, but an exam will help determine this.  Swelling will take weeks to months to resolve depending upon the amount that is liposuctioned.  I do think that based upon the skin laxity and contour, tummy tuck may give the best result in the future.   If you are unhappy in 3 to 6 months, find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures, liposuction revision procedures, and tummy tucks each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA