Will Pearl Laser Help with Moderate Acne Scars?

Does Pearl help with light to moderate acne scarring and pitting? And if I'm prone to break outs, is this the best option?

Pearl laser (non-fractional) is not good for acne scars.

+1

Cutera confuses its customers by labeling two disparate lasers as "Pearl".  The original Pearl is a superficial treatment that does a very good job on discoloration due to sun damage.  It's easy and healing is quick (a few days).  The fractional Pearl is a more agressive treatment.  I have been disappointed in the results I see from any fractional laser treatment.

Pearl Laser

+1

Very little without the fractional element. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl Fractional for acne scars

+1

We have had some really nice results with our Pearl Fractional laser for mild to moderate acne scars, pitting, discoloration and staining left from old breakouts.   Of our active acne or acne prone patients they have actually all noticed an improvement in their breakouts post treatment.  Without having seen you, I couldn't say for sure but in general, for the condition you describe, I would certainly recommend the Pearl Fractional laser treatment.

Grant Stevens, MD