Can Pearl Laser Help Moderate Upper Lip Lines?

I have lines on my upper lip. They are not noticeable except in bright sunlight. The office where I inquired was cautious, but said they would do a mild Pearl laser resurfacing all over the face, and concentrate with higher settings on the upper lip area. Is it worth a try? Thanks.

Pearl laser is not good treament for "smoker's lines".

+2

The delicate wrinkling around your mouth will probably be not affected by the Pearl laser. If you have coincidental skin discoloration, which the Pearl does a great job on, then I would invest in the Pear (counting on a good result for the color issues and hoping for some improvement in the wrinkles). If the wrinkles are the only problem, I wouldn't bet on the Pearl.

You would probably be best suited for CO2 treatment along the margin of the lip.

Pearl Laser

+1

Yes, but I prefer CO2 here, and there will still need to be several treatments, and some filler as well.  This is not an easy area to treat.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl Laser for lip lines

+1

For the lines above the upper lip you may see a mild improvement with the Pearl, but my recommendation would be Pearl Fractional for the 'smoker lines'.  We have had EXCELLENT results with the Pearl Fractional in this area.  Procedures can also be combined for a great result and less downtime by doing Pearl on the full face and spot treating with the Pearl Fractional in the most problematic areas like the upper lip. (Meaning that you wouldn't have the same downtime as a full face pearl fractional)

Grant Stevens, MD