When Can I Have my Next Pearl Laser Treatment?

How long do I have to wait between Pearl Laser treatments as not all of my spots went away on the first treatment?

Also, I have been using the Obagi Condition and Enhance System. Is there anything I need to know before I have the Pearl treatment, i.e. do I need to discontinue use, can I have the treatment right away. Are all the products safe with the treatment? (Tretinoin cream, hydroquinone)

I have been on Obagi for 4 weeks. My skin feels very thin, is there a chance that I could burn? Thank you.

Talk to your dermatologist

+2

I usually wait 3 months between Pearl treatments and two is the most I have done (or needed to do) in any one year. I have patients discontinue retinoids for one week prior to treatment, but I would defer to your dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is your Pearl provider. Sunscreens are very important to use between and after the Pearl procedure.

New Orleans Dermatologist

Pearl laser treatments are staggered by 4 weeks if more than one is needed.

+1

I use the Pearl laser (not fractional). It is excellent for skin discoloration from sun damage. If a patient will benefit from more than one treatment, I usually do this about 4 weeks after the first. One can wait as long as one wishes, of course, but I think repeat treatments should be no earlier than 3 to 4 weeks.

As regards other treatment concurrently, since there is nothing in the literature about it, I would have my patients suspend them until the skin has healed from the Pearl.