More Pearl Laser Treatment or Start Botox for Forehead Lines?

I am 40 yrs old and recently had a traditional Pearl laser treatment which has improved my skin tremendously as far as skin tone, skin texture and fine lines. It has also help a decent amount with my "static, etched in" horizontal forehead lines.

My question is---should get a 2nd traditional Pearl laser treatment to flatten out the static forehead lines even more and then get a small amount of Botox injected periodically to help prevent them from recurring? Or should I just pass on the second Pearl treatment and just start up with the Botox injections? Thanks so much!!!

Botox or Dysport with laser treatments work great for forehead creases

+2

You should do both botox or dysport and continue the laser treatments for the static forehead creases. They work great together and are easy to undergo.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Pearl Laser

+1

I would go for the botox, and then laser the skin if still needing tightening.  Laser does not affect the muscles, and forehead lines are all about the muscles.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl or Botox for forehead lines

+1

Now would be a great time to do some Botox in the forehead for the horizontal lines to keep them from getting re-etched in to the skin.  A second Pearl treatment would just help make your results that much better.   Continuous use of Botox after your laser treatment will help to preserve your investment and keep your forehead smooth longer.  They make a great team.

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox for forehead lines

+1

Although you are happy with the results of the Pearl for the forehead lines, the number one accepted treatment for the upper third of the face when treating lines related to muscle movement, is Botox. Your lines are present at rest but have probably been created by years of muscle movement. Botox can rest the muscles, and after time, the skin lines diminish.

Ronald Shelton, MD