Pearl Fractional Vs Original Pearl Laser for Acne Scars?

I had the regular Pearl treatment for moderate acne scarring one month ago. It only improved the situation by about 5%. I'm going in next month for the Pearl Fractional. I have heard a lot of great things about this procedure for scaring. How much more of an improvement should I expect with this more advanced Pearl procedure?

Pearl Laser

+1

The original Pearl is not great for acne scars. The fractional is much better. Thank you for your question and good luck with everything.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl Fractional for acne scars

+1

Hi Mike~

Without seeing you in person it is really difficult to gauge your level of improvement from Pearl Fractional for your acne scars.  That being said, I think you will see significantly more improvement from Pearl Fractional for scarring than from Pearl.  We have both technologies in our office and love both, for the right patients.  Often for our acne scar patients we will do Pearl Fusion and combine both Pearl laser treatments at one time.  Keep in mind also with the Pearl Fractional, even though outwardly you will look 'healed' from the treatment in 7-10 days, you will continue to heal and stimulate new collagen in the deeper layers for many months to come.   If you were to have the procedure now, I would tell you that you really won't see the final result until around Christmas-time.

Good luck!

Dr. Grant Stevens         

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.