How Does Pearl Fractional Help Acne Scars?

I'm considering the Pearl Fractional to help with moderate scarring on my cheeks. I've heard lots of great things about this new procedure; but how does it work? In pictures, I've seen the laser blasting a pattern of holes into the skin, and I understand how that corrects the scarring in those spots; but what about the untouched areas in between the holes on the skin? How do those untouched areas get fixed?

Pearl Laser

+1

The fractional laser seems to stimulate new collagen which seems to fill in the scars and rejuvenate the skin through collagenesis, and tightening of the skin.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon