Should I Have Facelift Instead of Pearl "Fusion"?

I have a doctor recommending Pearl "Fusion" for photo aging and some skin tightening. How long do the results last? Should I save my money for a facelift instead? I'm 50 years old.

Pearl Laser

+1

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they will guide your decision.  They are two different procedures and if you need muscle tightening, a facelift is the only option here.  If you have a lot of facial brown spots, blood vessels, then another laser is needed.  Skin quality is helped with a laser, skin laxity and muscle laxity is surgery.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/elitemdspa

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl Fusion vs. Facelift

+1

A facelift and Pearl Fusion are really not comparable.  It really depends are what your needs are and what problems you are trying to address.  We will often do a Pearl Fusion treatment on patients after a facelift just to complete a patient's 'tune up'.   A facelift is really for skin laxity and the problems that come with it.  Pearl Fusion addresses sun damage, brown spots and texture, which no amount of facelifting will address.  If you have a great deal of sun damage and spots, it seems almost a shame to have a facelift and not address the spots...because spots and texture can be as aging as sagging skin.   So, for most patients considering a facelift, I would actually have them consider both surgery and laser treatment.

Web reference: http://www.marinaplasticsurgery.com

Facelift results last longer

+1

A face/neck lift is going to address much more of the aging issues and provide longer lasting rejuvenation results than a noninvasive skin tightening procedure. It would be best to save your money and do a face/neck lift when the time is appropriate. The face/neck lift addresses fat in the neck, lifting the jowls, reducing excess facial and neck skin, tightening of the muscles in the front and back portion of the neck, as well as tightening the SMAS layer at the level of the cheekbone.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Facelift is very different from "Pearl Fusion" or any other laser procedure

+1

JinLas:

There is no such thing as laser or non-surgical facelift, even though there are many claims. In my practice we have available a full range of laser resurfacing, non-ablative skin tightening, HA fillers, etc. in addition to standard and short-scar or limited facelifts. We offer specific procedures to patients based on each patient's needs or wants. Your age alone is not a determinate of what procedure will give you the best result.

We recommend facelift for 3-dimensional improvement of facial aging changes (loose skin, jowling, prominent naso-labial folds, cheek flattening, under-cheek hollowing, poor jawline definition, under-chin bands or folds, etc.)

We recommend non-surgical skin tightening for textural skin changes. Treatment of surface looseness can improve your appearance. This is often combined with injectables.

Both types of procedures may be useful for some patients. They do not achieve the same kinds of results: they can be complimentary. I suggest you seek other in-person consultations. The education should help you choose.

Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Pearl Fusion vs Facelift

+1

While the two approaches are complimentary, they treat very different problems. Laser and light modalities are used to improve skin quality and pigment irregularities with minimal skin tightening.

If the main goal is facial contouring to lift and tighten relaxed skin and muscle, a facelift is the procedure of choice.

Save your money for a facelift rather than Pearl Fusion

+1

The marketing terms "Pearl Fusion" should scare you off. Combining superficial skin peels or photofacial with any non-surgical skin tihghtening procedure under the best circumstance (young thick skin) and in the best hands can only achieve 20 % of a face lift result if that.

The facelift will give you a nice tight jawline and neck and when done properly can last 10-12 years.

Save your money for a facelift!

See before and after photos of facelift.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/face-lift/

Pearl laser and facelift.

+1

Hi!

I agree with Dr. Rand.  For most women, a well done facelift gives major, long lasting improvement and is a far better investment than Pearl "fusion".

Save for the facelift

+1

The results of the non-surgical therapy will not come even close to the results of a beautifully done facelift.  So, I'd suggest waiting and saving for the facelift. There are many fine plastic surgeons in Atlanta.  You might want to start by visiting Dr. Rod Hester. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Laser and light based therapies unlikely to replace facelift

+1

There has been an explosion in the number of laser and light based therapies offered to reduce facial laxity, fine lines, and improve the quality and texture of the skin. These proposed nonsurgical facelift procedures can become expensive and require multiple treatments to produce a noticeable result. There is no evidence to suggest that these therapies will replace the need for facelift. The current thinking is that laser combined with fillers may delay the need for a more traditional facelift.

Facelift procedures have been around for over 40 years and withstood the 'test of time' because they work. Facelift is safe, and provides substantial improvement in the neck, jowl, and cheek not duplicated by nonsurgical techniques. Remember facelift is a catch-all term and only careful examination can determine the type right for you.

peterejohnsonmd

The best answer is probably "both"

+1

I practice in Florida where many of out patients have problems that are equally balanced between surface problems (which the newer lasers do quite well) and skin relaxation at an early age due to sun exposure and remaining athletic.

Consequently our average 50 year old will have both a lift (extent depending on amount of relaxation) and a Mixto for resurfacing and shrinkage.

The whole combination can easily be done under local anesthesia and recovery is rapid.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.