I Have a Peanut Size Fluid Filled Knot Just Under the Surface of my Breast, 5 Weeks After Subglandur Augmentation? (photo)

I have a small fluid filled spot just left and under the areola that both I and my husband can feel. The knot isn't visably apparent but the breast is slightly larger, and less natural looking than the left breast. I am five weeks and one day post op and I have Mentor textured implants. I've searched the internet for common problems associated with augmentation surgery but nothing fits. I plan to call my doctor Monday. It doesn't seem to be serious enough for a weekend call.

Peanut Size Fluid Filled Knot Just Under the Surface of my Breast

+2

Agree that this is not urgent. Likeliest is a breast cyst that is now easier to feel with the implant underneath. Your surgeon's exam should provide reassurance. All the best. 

Post Op Augmentation

+2

I would not worry. As long there is nothing to indicate an infection, I would not be concerned. Often times one will see "lumps and bumps" during the healing process, especially during the first 6 weeks. These usually all self resolve. I would still see what your surgeon has to say but would not worry.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Cyst arela

+1

This could be alittle cyst in the breast or if your incision was around the arela then it could be from the sutures.I would not be overly concerned but mention it to your plastic surgeon on your followup. 

Web reference: http://beautybybrueck.com

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Possibly you are feeling the implant itself.

+1

Your description doesn't seem to present an emergency situation. I would hazard a guess that you are very possibly feeling the implant itself. Since the implant is placed in a subglandular pocket it might be palpable. Your overall result is excellent.

Web reference: http://www.thecosmeticsurgeryinstitute.com

New lump after a breast augmentation

+1

It is important to bring this new finding to the attention of your plastic surgeon.  There are many possibilities.  This could be a breast cyst or it could be a fold in the implant.  Sometimes with textured implants there can be some creasing of the implant.  This can have a popping type feel.  If you have a thin layer of breast tissue over the implant this is the most likely problem.  

Breast cyst after augmentation

+1

Often it is easier to feel a breast cyst of lump after augmentation when the implant pushes the tissue forward. A seroma will not appear as a discrete lump. Have your surgeon take a look, and a breast surgeon may request an ultrasound and aspiration. All those 'of age' should consider a mammogram before breast implants.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Fluid filled space in breast

+1

This fluid filled lump may represent part of the post-op process,and may go away on its own. But it is best to check it out with your surgeon to make sure it nothing problematic.

Peanut Sized Fluid Filled Mass 5 Weeks after Breast Augmentation

+1

A fluid filled mass that small may be a cyst or a seroma, but, without signs of infection, I would not classify this as an urgent matter.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA