17 days post op, I have a lump after Restylane. Is this normal?

I recently got Restylane injected into my lips for volume. But it is now 17 days out and there is a rather large lump on my top lip. I want to have it dissolved but will that also reverse the effects of all of the other filler outside of the lump?

Lump from Restylane in lip

+1
Restylane is an excellent filler for the lips and nasolabial folds.  However, if you have a large lump it would be best to dissolve it locally with Vitrase.  For the best cosmetic results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in facial injections.

Lump in lip

+1
If the lump is filler usually it can be massaged down within the first week.  If not hyaluronidase can be used directly on the lump to help dissolve. it.

Lump in lip after Restylane

+1
Sometime the periorbital muscles of the lip gather HA fillers into a spherical shape after injection, and a little massage is all that is needed to move it back into place.  If this is not successful, a small amount of hyaluronidase can be employed to dissolve only a small portion of the filler.

Sheryl D. Clark, MD

Lump after Restylane 17 days later

+1
At this point, see your injector. A good injector should be able to remove the lump without taking out all the rest of the filler. But just like injecting Restylane, it takes a great injector to do modifications too!

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD