PDL on Spider Angioma (w/ Immune Suppressants)?

Would PDL Treatment on my Spider Angioma Be Effective, As I Am on Immune Suppressants ?

Pulsed dye laser on immunosuppressants

+1

The pulsed dye laser (PDL) works with a wavelength of light absorbed by hemoglobin in blood.  This damages a blood vessel and causes it to be eliminated by the body.  Because the PDL does not damage the overlying skin, there is no open wound, or risk of a wound infection.  For this reason it is safe while on an immune suppressant.  The one infectious complication to worry about, is the rare stimulation of herpes simplex virus (HSV) around the lip area if that area is treated.  Discuss this risk with your laser physician, who might elect to give you an oral antiviral medication such as valacyclovir before or at the time of treatment.

Boston Dermatologic Surgeon