Wart Treament - Alternatives to PDL?

Thanks. So if PDL is not your first choice of treatment, may I ask what is? Again, my situation is 4 Periungual warts. If they were any other type of wart I would use Cryro or, I have been succesful with just using Apple Cider Vinegar, but because of their location on the finger tips, they are very difficult to treat. I read many good things about PDL for Periungual warts so it will either work or it won't, but I plan to hit these at least 3 or 4 times with PDL before I give up and move on.

Best treatment for warts with laser

+1

The PDL is a first line treatment for warts and for resistant warts that have failed previous cryo treatments. 

PDL is first choice to treat warts.

+1

The PDL is my first choice to treat warts. Just like any laser, it is the setting that are used that determines efficacy. In my practice 1 treatment is successful in over 75% of patients and 2 treatments are required in 20% of patients. 5% of patients need more treatments or alternative treatments.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser for Warts

+1

I get asked this question all the time. I URGE patients to try cryo first, even if they have failed before. I am very aggressive with warts and usually get rid of them fast with cryo. There is a trick to "freezing" warts and we have a combo treatment that works 95% of the time.

It is also beneficial to the patient because lasers are twice as expensive and insurance usually does not cover the procedure. Plus, cryo has been shown to be superior to laser in clinical trials.

We discuss all of this, costs and options, at your appointment. I will say that most patients end up doing cryo and are very satisfied. 

Tulsa Dermatologist

Wart Treament - Alternatives to PDL

+1

Alhtough I do not perform the treatment myself, I see the use of the CO2 abaltive laser used for this purpose on the operating room schedule.