How do you pay for plastic surgery? Payment Plans for Breast Augmentation?

How do you pay for plastic surgery? I am getting Breast Augmentation eventually, but I don't know if you can pay little by little or if I should start saving up for a few years until I have $10,000 put aside for surgery.

Financing plans

In Toronto, ON, there are several financing options available, offered by a third party. These allow you to pay for your surgery from just a couple of hundred dollars a month. However, payment policies vary depending on the surgeon, so it's best to ask your surgeon directly.

How do you finance plastic surgery?

Typically plastic surgical procedures are paid for in advance. Some patients save up and pay cash, some put the charge under credit card, and some finance it through a company such as Care Credit. Many of our patients use Care Credit and are very pleased. Good luck

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Financing can work for most budgets, understand all details before signing up....

For many patients, breast augmentation wouldn’t be possible without some type of financing.For this reason, the vast majority of plastic surgeons offer financing programs.With availability of this type of program, plastic surgeons don’t typically take installment payments.They usually require full payment before surgery is performed.
In our practice, we almost exclusively utilize Care Credit.This is currently the most commonly used source of plastic surgery financing in the United States.The company is run by GE Capital Financing.It’s reputable and you can apply for a loan online.It takes approximately 30 minutes to get a response.In some cases, you may be able to get a 12 month interest-free loan.
Financing isn’t for everyone.Make sure you understand the fine print in your contract.Don’t take on more than you can handle.At some point, you will have to re-pay the loan.It’s important to have all your financing questions answered before proceeding with breast augmentation.In our office, we have financial consultants who can help you with this very important issue.

In our practice, we use Care Credit, CosmetiCredit, and Chase Health Advance.  All 3 of these companies have been used by our patients with no problems.  They do have different rates so please make sure you get all of the information you need prior to signing up with any financing company.
Best wishes!

The finances of plastic surgery

Patients have a few options in my practice.  They can use credit cards or apply for patient financing.  The finance companies have toughened their standards but will accept co-signers.  Another alternative is a payment plan in which the patient pays in on a regular basis and then has surgery when all the payments are made.  Generally, in this instance, I go out of my way to keep the fee stable for much longer than my usual quotes, which are valid for 90 days, because the patient has also made a commitment to me by prepaying over time. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Financing Breast Augmentation

Regarding: "Payment Plans for Breast Augmentation?
How do you pay for plastic surgery? I am getting Breast Augmentation eventually, but I don't know if you can pay little by little or if I should start saving up for a few years until I have $10,000 put aside for surgery
."

The vast majority of Plastic Surgery offices would direct you to finance companies that would help you pay for your cosmetic surgery. Your ability to finance your surgery at the best available rates would depend on your credit rating. The better it is, the easier it will be for you to obtain financing.

Your figure of 10,000 for a Breast Augmentation is awfully high. You should be able to get it done for just over half that by a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Financing breast augmentation

Most surgeon's offices are willing to provide you with referrals to financing or credit agencies for funding the procedure.

Payment for Tummy Tuck

Hi Munchee,

Most plastic surgeons participate with a third-party financing company, such as Care Credit, that will allow you to finance the costs of your surgery over several months. The length of payment options vary, but plans exist which will allow you to finance the costs of your surgery over as long a period as 60 months.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Payment plans for plastic surgery

Many  practices offer payment plans. The terms vary.  Call several plastic surgeons in your area and ask them what type of payment plans they offer. This will give you a good idea of what is offered in your community.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD, MS

Tracy Pfeifer, MD

Financing Breast Augmentation

Many practices offer financing options for their procedures either through internal financing or third party financing such as CareCredit. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS