Should I Pay for a Neck Lift Touch Up?

I had a neck lift in June,right away I wasn't happy .He told me to wait and it would improve over time its been over 4 months.I went in and told him Im still not happy he then said "well we a least like to wait 6 months".I call to schedule and that's when they ask me if he said anything about the financial arrangement.I said I thought it was going to be nothing I didn't get what i paid for in the first place now he wants 750 dollars.She said that's less then a syringe of radiesse.I paid 4000.

Fee for necklift revision

+1

Every surgeon has his own policy on revisions.  Mine states, in writing, that if an issue is brought to my attention within six months, I will operate at no additional charge but, if a facility or anesthesia fee is involved, this would be the patient's responsibility.  You should check your preop information and see whether your doctor's policies were in writing.

Revision surgery

+1

The revision surgery cost is probably going towards the cost of the facility, staff, and supplies.  This is a customary procedure for a revision within a short period of time.

To pay or not to pay for touch up surgery

+1

Revisions, minor or major, is not uncommon in cosmetic surgery. And there are never any guarantees as to the results. If the revision is done by another surgeon there is going to be charges. If however, the same surgeon does it then it becomes a matter of prior agreement. And this should be quite clear to the patient before surgery. In the abscence of clear understanding it maybe good patient relations to have the revision done for gratis. But there are certainly no definite rules.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Touch up, secondary or revisionary neck lift surgery

+1

This is considered a resonable fee for the original procedure and a reasonalble fee for a revisionary procedure. Unfortunately, there is no way to absolutely predict the results of surgery and optimal results may not always be achieveable. It is not unusual, in secondary surgery, to have the patient pay for theoperating room, supplies and anesthesia fees.

Revision surgery for neck after facelift.

+1

This is an individual policy between each surgeon and his patient. The charge he is asking seems quite reasonable for the revision. Surgery is not an exact science and you can't always guarantee what results each patient will get.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.