Can I pay out of pocket for rhinoplasty and have it performed while getting insurance-covered, medically necessary jaw surgery?

I have yet to even begin initiating the process of getting either of these procedures, so I am just throwing this out there hypothetically. I was told when I was 14 when I first got braces that I would need jaw surgery down the line. I believe I have TMJ. In the event that my insurance would cover this jaw surgery, how might I go about also having a rhinoplasty that is not covered by my insurance? Is it even possible to do that? I am in college and the timing is really the issue. TIA!

+1
In most cases this is possible. The out of pocket cost would include surgeon fee, facility fee for rhinoplasty and the portion of the anesthesia time during which the rhinoplasty was performed. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
In most cases, an insurance covered procedure can be done at the same time as a non-insurance covered procedure as long as the billing and costs are properly defined before surgery. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS