Would I have to pay for my nose to be fixed? (photo)

My nose was broken 3 years ago from a domestic violent relationship only now has it started to annoy me as as the fact it's crooked and taking a big part on my facial looks the tight side of my nose hard to breath through I was wondering if it is still fixable and if I would have to pay for it to be fixed as I wouldn't be able to cover the insurance

Broken, crooked nose and deviated septum

+1
It is certainly acceptable to undergo repair of a broken nose 3 years after the injury. Medial and lateral osteotomies of the nasal bones  will need  to be performed along with a spreader graft to the concave side. The spreader graft is composed patient's own cartilage. A fracture of the septum  can cause a deviated nasal septum  which can be repaired at the same time if necessary. Insurance coverage  varies depending upon insurance plan so it's best  see an ENT/ facial plastic surgeon for an examination  and consultation

Insurance might cover your rhinoplasty

+1
It is possible that insurance would cover your rhinoplasty. There are so many different carriers and different policies that it is impossible to say whether the procedure would be covered or what your portion (co-pay/ co-insurance) would cost. Seek a consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to learn what your options are. If insurance will not cover your procedure, there are charities that will pay all or part of procedures to repair the physical damage of domestic violence. I wish you the best.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon